The states ? pt. 2

"So you all only have few cities ?" Finland asked.

"Yeah but those were just some of them. The personified ones are just our biggest cities like for me I also have NYC and Chicago since their two of the biggest cities in my country."    

Once the questions ended Liechtenstein picked up the book again and read another note.

                                "America once loss a city, his little sister Boston during the Boston Massacre, after Pearl Harbor was bombed Hawaii went into a coma for 2 weeks, D.C. was burned and passed put from the pain during 1812."

 England felt more than guilt.

He had taken away a sibling from his son and had burned a child and his son's heart.

Japan was feeling the same as England. He had put a child into a coma.   

America couldn't control his tears at the memories of those days

A memory started to appear. 

Men in redcoats shooting at people who were throwing things back at them. 

The countries knew it was the Revolutionary.

England felt tears running down. He looked at America who had his head in hands and was shaking. His fingers were also covering his ears.

He didn't want to see or hear the memory. At all.

That just made England feel even worst.

There was a young girl who looked 4 or 5. She was throwing rocks at the redcoats. 

"Betsy !!!!"   A familiar voice yelled.

A younger looking America ran and covered the girl. But a soldier who looked like England randomly shot the two and walked away.

America and Betsy screamed in pain.

A few of the watching countries covered their eyes. France looked at England, he grabbed his hand and squeezed it.  But that didn't help.

Canada put his hand on his brothers back. In efforts to comfort him. But that wasn't working. 

He didn't expect it to.

After all, nothing can replace a life.

America picked the girl and ran. The memory changed to America with a doctor.

"Please, is she going to make it? Will she be okay  ?" he asked. His voice was breaking. America had bandages over his arm where he was shot.

The doctor wasn't smiling.

Here we go.

"I'm sorry Mr. Jones but the bullet pierced her right lung and it was too late for us to..." The doctor's voice started to trail.

Alfred's eyes widened as tears started falling. "No, no. please no, she- she has to make it she just has to"

The doctor started to shake his head. "I'm sorry Mr. Jones but she isn't going to make it." He then pointed to a nearby room. "If you want to say any last words to her" He put his hand on Alfred's back. "I'm sorry... this- this war has taken to many lives, young and old. If there's anything you need-" 

"No thank you, um thank you for trying to save her" America then headed into the room.

Boston was on the bed with her eyes closed. She tiredly opened them when Alfred came in. 

"Alfie" she said tiredly "I know I'm not going to make it. Promise me one thing."

Alfred came to her side of the bed and took her hand. "Anything"

"Promise me you'll win this war." She said with her eyes beginning to close.

"I promise" America said firmly. "I love you Betsy Martha Boston Jones. You'll never be forgotten"

 "I love you too Alfie. Tell the 13 I love them too" The girl said as she took her last breath.

Her eyes closed. They would never open again.

Alfred slide down to his knees and started to sob violently. "I will Boston, I will. I'll never forgive you England. I swear as long as I live I never will"

Many countries were crying now. Others like Germany and Sweden had sad expressions.

England was now looking at America. The younger nation was just like the memory, sobbing violently but with his head in his hands.

He didn't expect America to forgive him. He wouldn't forgive himself.

He was randomly shooting the citizens who were throwing objects at he and his men. 

He didn't stop to look at them really. He didn't even see America at all during it.

"Mon amour, are you okay ?" France asked with a worried expression.

England didn't answer him.

He just kept looking at America.     

The memory changed.

America and 13 kids were standing by a coffin with flowers on top of it and surrounding it.

The countries guessed they were the original 13 colonies.

They were all crying. America started to speak. " Boston, your life was cut short.  But you will remain in all of our hearts forever. Your now with my mother and all the other great ancients that came before me. Your were were always a pleasure to be around. Always brought smiles to everyone's faces. You were full of life and unfortunately it was taken away. But you, Betsy Martha Boston Jones, I am proud to have called my little sister and will always." 

The 13 also shared a few words. But one in particular stood out. 

Massachusetts. 

When he went up he couldn't even share his speech, by the time he got up to speak he fell to his knees and onto the coffin. "It's not fair, why, why she didn't deserve this why it's not fair !?!?!" He sobbed.

America went up, hugged his brother and helped him up to say his speech.

It wasn't fair. It's never fair when a young life is taken away too soon.      

After everyone was done America and 3 other colonies lifted up the coffin and put it into the hole they dug earlier.

"I promise we'll win"  America lastly said as he looked up to the sky.

The memory faded. Many of the countries looked at America. Belgium went over and started to comfort the boy.

But it wasn't over yet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    

Welp this isn't over yet.

I'm also doing 1812 with D.C. and Pearl Harbor with Hawaii.

Is anybody else crying or at least feeling sad or anything ?

I cried a little writing this chapter.