I Hate You More

12/22/13

Christmas was only a few days away, and of course, I'm sick. I slid on a Ravens tshirt, my Nike running shorts and threw my hair in a shitty bun on the top of my head. I grabbed my glasses off my nightstand and made my way downstairs.

Jack was sitting on the ground, playing tug-a-war with Bella. I smiled at them and sat on the couch, covering myself in a blanket. Damn, Jacks up before me?

"Goodmorning, princess." He looked at me and smiled.

"Morning." I smiled back.

"You feel okay?"

"Not at all. I just threw up."

"Oh my god." He said walking over to me.

I laughed slightly and he sat down next to me wrapping his arm around me. "So I take it I should cancel our plans for tonight?"

"No. I can still play-"

"Maddy. Shut up." He smiled, pulling his phone out.

"I hate you."

"I hate you more."

"Fine." He said without expression and held it up to his ear, "Hey, Lex."

"I don't give a shit if you were sleeping. Look, we can't come over tonight to write. Maddys sick.... Yeah I think she has the flu or something.... Okay here."

He handed me the phone and I held it up to my ear, "Jack is crazy. I can still play."

"Maddy, if you're sick stay home. You gotta be ready for the holidays."

"Whateverrrrrrr." I groaned. I hated that I'm the reason we can't all get together today and keep writing new songs.

"Feel better, MadDawg."

"Thanks, Lex. See ya."

"Byeeee."

I hung up and gave Jack his phone back.

"So how'd you get sick?"

I shrugged and laid my head on his chest.

I looked over at the Christmas tree in the corner of the room. It was decorated in ornaments and lit up with white lights.

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. When I was younger, it was because I got gifts. Now it's because every thing is so beautiful. I loved the way things looked with Christmas lights and the snow on the ground. I loved how happy everyone was and all the cuddling and hot chocolate.

So Jack spent the day with me on the couch. It was nice. Calm and quiet, and I just needed a sweats and buns and glasses day.. Even if I felt like shit it was nice. Every hour or so I ran to the bathroom to throw up. And as nasty as it is, he even sat behind me rubbing my back. I really should find nothing about that adorable or romantic.. But is it bad I do?

12/25/13

"JACK. JACK. JACK. WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS IT'S CHRISTMAS!" I shouted, shaking a sleeping Jack next to me.

"Five more minutes." He mumbled, pulling the blanket up over his face.

"No." I ripped it off. "It's already eight thirty. I refuse to wait any longer. Plus, we have to be at my moms by 2."

He groaned and sat up.

"YAY." I shouted then ran downstairs.

Shortly after, he walked into the living room. He was still in his pajamas and looked exhuasted. He came and sat down next to me and kissed the side of my face. "Merry Christmas, Mad."

"Marry Christmas, Jack." I said, sorting our presents.

"Who goes first?" He asked.

"You can." I smiled.

"It was a rehtorical question," He smiled, and held out a small box, "Ladies first."

I smiled and took it from him. 

"You open it last." He stated.

I nodded and went to the first present and opened it. Today we were just opening presents from each other. Then later today we're going to my moms house to hang out with my family and eat and get presents. Yesterday we did that with Jack's family, and tomorrow we're meeting up with the band and crew to do it all again.

Jack had gotten me this new super cute flannel, a couple new band shirts, a couple pairs of genes, and two new pairs of vans along with a new pair of sperrys. Now it was time to open this mini box thingy he got me. 

I opened it up and the first thing I saw was a ring. I felt my heart stop but then realized it wasn't a wedding ring or anything. But it had an infinity sign on it. Except the rounded part of the sign were hearts. It had a couple diamonds on it. (picture to side). On the inside, it had engraved, "I promise to love you forever" in small cursive lettering.

I looked at Jack, he was smiling at me. "It's a promise ring. Because I promise to love you forever. Get it? Promise. Promise ring. Love you. Hearts. Forever. Inifinty sign." Then he suddenly started to sound nervous, "If you don't like it. That's okay. I mean, I know we've only been dating for seven months, but I-"

I had to cut him off my pressing my lips to his. When we pulled away he smiled small, "So you like it?"

"I love it, Jack." I said, slipping it on. "This is the best Christmas present I could ever ask for."

"And, makes mine look like shit compared to yours." I chuckled, handing him the small square box but then said, "Save it for last." And winked.

He opened up my other gifts to him. A couple new shirts, new video games, guitar stickers, two beanies and beats. He smiled and headed to the little square. He opened it up, it was a bracelet. It was thin and made of wool or some shit. It had a couple metal beads on it. Engraved on one of the beads said the day we started dating, 5.13.13. I made sure it was small and not very noticable because I know he's a dude and whatever.

"I know it's not very you," I said, watching him stare down at it. "But I thought it would be something different. You know. And I don't know, I-"

"Maddy." He smiled up at me, "I love it. Thank you."

I smiled back and watched him slide it on.

"Don't think we forgot about you, Bella!" I shouted, and the dog came galloping in the room. I handed her a huge ass bone with a bow on it. "Merry Christmas." Then threw some more dog toys at her. She went ham.

We went up stairs and got ready to head over to my moms house. I was pretty excited. I haven't seen my family in a long time.

AN: So, I'm not sure if I wanna do a scene at the Allbourne house for Christmas.. Do you guys wanna meet Maddy's family? Haha, or should I just move on? Comment below please (: