Im Sending You On A Scavanger Hunt

I woke up to my lights being turned on. I groaned and pulled the blankets up over my face.

"Maddy.."

Recognizing the voice, I smiled and rolled over, "What are you doing here, Barakat?"

"I am here because it is your sixteenth birthday. Is that correct?"

"I think so. But it's so early.." I said, looking at the clock. But really it wasn't. This was the time I wake up for school everyday.

"Get up, sleepy head." He said, ripping the covers off me.

I did as he said and hugged him. Then grabbed a hoodie out of my closet, which I'm almost positive was his, and followed him downstairs.

Suddenly, the beautiful smell of cooked breakfast filled my nose. We walked into the kitchen and there sat plates of food on the table, kind of like a buffet.

"JACK." I shouted and sat down. Filling my plate with food. "HOW DID YOU DO THIS."

He smirked at me and started filling up his own plate, "A little help from Joyce Barakat."

"This is fucking awesome," I laughed, "Thank you."

We both stuffed our face with the delicious food. By the time we finished eating, I realized I only had about 20 minutes until I had to leave for school.

"Can we just skip school today?" I asked.

"Ummm, nope." He got up off his chair, "Now go get ready. I'll meet you on the bus."

I sighed and did as he said.

We both met at the bus stop right down the street from our house. He looked at me, "Thank god this is the last day we take the bus."

I gave him a confused look.

"You get your liscense today right?" He asked.

"OH YEAH." I had totally forgotten that today was my SIXTEENTH birthday. My phone vibrated in my pocket, I pulled it out, it was a text message from my mom: Happy Birthday Sweetie. Have A Great Day! Sorry I couldn't be there with you..

I texted back a thanks and looked up at Jack, "Can I spend my birthday with you? My moms not going to be home.. As usual." I sighed.

Then the bus pulled up to us, "Of course, Madzzzz."

We sat in our seat, seat 11 on the drivers side.

This was actually Alex's old seat, but he got his liscense back in December and refuses to drive us. The law states he can only drive with one other non family member, and he said it would be unfair.

We rode to school, having our normal, weird ass conversations. Annoying the fuck out of everybody else on the bus, which was mainly just freshman and a couple sophomores with late birthdays.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked Jack as we walked in the school.

"I dunno yet." He shrugged. We walked up to my locker and I smiled instantely when I saw it.

Alex and Rian stood on both sides of it, and the locker itself was decorated with streamers and pictures.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADDY." They shouted and attacked me with a hug.

I laughed and pushed them away, as they almost suffocated me, "Thank you, guys!"

I walked up to the locker, it was all pictures of us throught the few years we knew each other. Followed by a spot that said, "Love Jack, Alex, Rian and Zack."

I looked over at them, "Zack?"

"He told us to write his name." Alex shrugged.

"AWE GUYS." I hugged all three of them, "Thank you this really means a lot to me."