All Time Low

"So, what the hell do we call this band?" Rian asked. 

"Fuck." Alex said, leaning back. "This is going to be the hardest part."

"Can we just call it the Boner-Ifics?" Jack asked.

I slapped my hand over my mouth and laughed loudly, but no one else did and I felt quite embarressed.

"Maddy thought it was funny." Jack mumbled and leaned back against the wall.

The song on Rian's stereo changed.

We were listening to New Found Glory's album, Hits.

It was silent between us as the song Head On Collision came on.

Rian tapped out the beat on his jeans.

I listened to Jordan Pundik sing and closed my eyes, trying to think of an awesome name for a band.

"The presence felt when you're around me, and it feels like I'm at an all-time low, slightly bruised and broken."

Those lyrics stuck in my head for a little bit.

To song went on but I just felt a light bulb over my head as I thought about those particular lyrics.

As I noticed the chours coming up again, my eyes shot open, "Guys."

They looked at me. 

"Shh." I said, even though they weren't talking, I was indicating for them to listen.

The chours started again and they all stared and me and listened.

"The presence felt when you're around me, and it feels like I'm at an all-time low, slightly bruised and broken."

They looked at me confused.

"All Time Low." Was all I said.

It was silent, and they all looked at me with blank epressions.

"I like it!" Alex shouted.

"Me too!" Rian exclaimed, then Zack.

"I still like the Bonerifics.. But I guess it'll do." Jack smirked from next to me.

"All Time Low it is." Alex said standing up and grabbing his guitar.

He stood infront of his mic and moitioned for us to stand up too. We all took place infront of our instruments.

Alex spoke into his microphone and smiled at me as he said the first part, "We're All TIme Low.. And this song is called American Idiot by Green Day."

I smiled back at him and we played the song.

Everyone went home after practice, and since I didn't feel like sitting alone at my house, I sat in Jack's bedroom next to him.

"You're a genius." He said.

"Why?" I looked over at him.

We were sitting down. He had his back up against the wall and looked at me. "All Time Low. Like, I would have never thought of that. Ever."

I smiled at him then looked away. "I don't know. I just heard it and I was like. Shit. That's good."

I felt him still looking at me, "What?" 

"Nothing." He laughed.

I licked my teeth, which were newly covered in braces. 

"How are your teeth?" He laughed.

"Shush." I laughed back, knowing I look terrible with them.

I looked up at his dresser and saw a frame with a picture of Jack and his dad, Bassam. They were holding each other and standing infront of the Raven's stadium.

I frowned.

"What's wrong?" He asked, then traced my eyes to see what I was looking at, and when he did, he said, "Oh. Um.. I'm. Sorry."

"Don't be." I looked down at my hands and started to bite my fingernails.

He grabbed my hand and pulled it out of my mouth, "No."

I gave him a half smile then set my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.