I'm A Model, Not A Dictionary

Day 7 Of Tour

April 18, 2013 - Atlanta, GA 

I walked with Alex into the venue. He held the door open for me, and I complimented him on being a gentleman and he laughed at me.

We walked into the dressing room, and Jaime and Vic were already in there, playing twister.

Alex and I laughed at the sight and they looked over at us, then Jaime lost his grip and fell ontop of Vic, bringing them both to the ground.

"The hell." Alex asked.

I sat down on the couch.

"We're playing twister. The hell does it look like?" Jaime said, fixing himself.

"Join us, Gaskarth." Vic said, seductively, which of course, caused me to burst out laughing again.

I slapped my hand over my mouth and he looked over at me. "Get your skinny ass over here, too, Allbourne."

"No thanks." I laughed. "And I'm not skinny, Vic. What the fuck."

"You wanna bet?" He stood up.

"Umm, no." 

"If I can pick you up and carry you over here, you're playing with us." He said, walking over.

"OH GOD, VIC, NO." I said, but before I could run away, he had me thrown over his shoulder.

"Vic. You asshole." I said, and I was set on the floor ontop of the matt.

"Guys," Matt walked into the room, "Time for soundcheck."

"Thank you baby jesus." I said, standing up.

"You're playing with us later." Vic said.

"You're funny." I said, following Matt and Alex out of the room.

The door closed behind us and Alex looked down at me, "He so wants you."

I felt myself blush and look away. "No."

"Why can you never see when a guy is interested in you?" He asked.

I gave him a confused look, "There's been so many times when guys make it obvious they like you, but then you push them away."

I laughed slightly, "What can I say? It's my thing.."

"It's not nessicarily a good thing." He said softly, strapping on his guitar.

For the rest of the day, what Alex said to me was stuck in my head. I sat in my bunk after the show, instead of watching PTV's set with everyone else.

How many guys have tried hinting to me that they like me but I couldn't take a hint? And do I really push people away?

The curtain to my bunk slid open. "Hey, we're going out. You coming?"

"No thanks."

"Why?" Jack asked.

"Not really feelin it tonight."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He said softly.

I smiled at him and shook my head no.

"Do you want me to stay here with you?"

"Of course not." I said, "Go out, please."

He stared a me for a minute before half smiling at me and kissing my forehead. "Night, Mad. Call me if you need anything."

I nodded and he closed the curtain. After the bus went silent, I realized everyone had left. I sighed in relief. Finally, some alone time. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket.

I pulled it out and answered it, "Hey mom."

"Hey, Maddy! How's the tour going, sweetie?"

"It's going pretty good so far! These other bands are awesome."

"That's great." She said, "Are the boys taking good care of you?"

"You mean, am I taking good care of the boys?"

We both laughed.

"It's only been a week and I miss you, hun!"

"Aw, mom." I smiled, "I'm a big girl now."

I talked with my mom for a bit longer, but then she had to go to bed because she worked in the morning. My mom and I have always been pretty close, well whenever I saw her at least.

I opened up my instagram app and looked at my profile.

My bio was 'put up or shut the hell up' I don't know why I used that saying so much. I really don't.

I looked through my pictures and came across a picture of me and Jack on stage. We were both somewhat sweaty. He was standing on the stereo, and me next it. He smiled down at me and I smiled up at him. The captian was, thanks for a great fucking show, florida.

I scrolled down more and realized a majority of my pictures were of me and Jack. And I thought, What The Hell. I seem like I'm obsessed with him. But in reality, I guess I kind of was. 

Now that I think about it, almost everything I do is with him. I feed off of his attention. And I really don't know why. And that's when I felt an ache in my stomach. And I just wished he had stayed home with me tonight. And we could have had a Jack and Maddy night.

I sighed and locked my phone and put it on the charger. I opened the curtain to my bunk and slid out. I found Jack's clothes and picked one of his purple ravens hoodies and slid it on. I was already wearing a pear of leggings and put my hair up into a bun.

I slid into his bunk and pulled the comforter up to my face. I inhaled the smell of Jack Barakat and smiled. I turned over and looked at the stuff set up in his bunk. A pair of beats, his laptop, and some pictures.

I looked at the pictures, two were of him and I. One when we were younger, with guitars in our hands and sitting outside on his back deck. I remembered that day. We were in about 8th grade. 

The other was us on New Years last year. I smiled at the memory. I looked at the other pictures, one of him and Alex. One of just Rian, and a couple of his friends from back in Townson. I flipped back over and grabbed his laptop.

I opened up twitter and signed into mine and tweeted.

 I'm sitting in Jack's bunk. On Jack's laptop. Wearing Jack's hoodie. I guess you could say I'm having Jack withdrawls? @JackAllTimeLow

A couple minutes later, I got DM from him.

Do you want me to come back?

I sighed and smiled, Would it be bad if I said yes?

Nahhh. The guys are just playing pool. Icchchkk.

Hahah, you're the best :D

I know. ;) See ya soon.

I noticed someone replied to my tweet.

@HollyMadison: @MaddyATL you know he's not your boyfriend, right?

I swallowed hard and replied back to Jack's DM:

I change my mind. Don't come back.

Then I responded to Holly's tweet:

@MaddyATL: @HollyMadison i do.

@HollyMadison: @MaddyATL then y u so obssesed?

@MaddyATL: @HollyMadison: Why* You* Obsessed* 

@HollyMadison: @MaddyATL: i'm a model, not a fucking dictionary

I didn't respond to her tweet. I looked to see if Jack read my DM. And he didn't. I sighed and closed the laptop. I pulled the blankets up more and closed my eyes.

I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. But I remembered feeling an indent in the bed and then a hand on my face. It stroked my cheek gently. Followed by a pair of lips pressed to my forehead.