I Kissed A Princess

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I yawned and got out of bed, bringing my blanket with me. (Don't judge. I'm genuinely a cold person!)

I walked into the kitchen and saw Jack leaning over the stove, "Shit!"

I laughed silently to myself and walked over to him. He had his phone on an iHome and was currently listening to Its Time by Imagine Dragons. That's the name of it right? I dont know.

I slowly walked up next to him and wrapped my arm around his waist. He looked down at me and laughed, "Morning."

I looked up at him, "Good morning."

He placed a peck on my lips then looked down at the food. I couldn't help but smile.

We stood there in silence, except for the music, until he was done. I set up plates and silver wear. Then poured us both a glass of milk. My favorite thing in the whole wide world.

We sat down and ate, and when we finished I asked, "So. What we doing today?"

He shrugged and picked up his plate then mine.

"Shit, Jack." I laughed, "When did you get so handy around the house?"

"Since you were awesome enough to let me live here!" He said, walking to the sink. I followed him with the cups and gave him all the appliances he use to cool.

"You wash." I picked up a dry towel, "I dry."

He turned the music up louder and nodded.

Halfway through our session of washing the dishes, he smacked some bubbly soap onto my face.

"JACK." I laughed.

I set my towel down behind me, while quoting the movie White Chicks, "Awww, hell naww! Hold mah poodle!" I shouted.

He laughed and I smacked some bubbles into his face. We went back and fourth with this, until we were out of bubbles.

I looked up at him. Both our faces and bodies had random spots of soap.

I couldn't help it. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of us. I uploaded it to Instagram with the caption as REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD YEAH YEAH!

I looked at him again. I laughed at the look of him and he laughed back, setting his hand on my cheek. He then used that hand to guide my face to his, and we kissed.

It was just like our first kiss all over again. So, I smiled into the kiss, thinking of the thought.

I laughed when he pulled away, "How did you kiss me when I was fourteen and had braces?"

He shrugged, "You rocked that metal mouth."

We both laughed and decided to clean up my kitchen, an then each of us individually hopped into the shower.

Once we were both freshened up and dressed, we decided to go hang out with someone. "But who?" I asked. "I talk to no one outside of the band."

"Not true," he said, pulling out his phone. "You now talk to Pierce The Veil."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's just walk on over to San Diego right now. No really, come on. Let's go."

He smirked at me and held his phone up to his ear.

"Who are you-"

"Fucking Tim." He said, hanging up.

I laughed, "Everything okay there?"

He laughed back, "Stupid prick sent me to voicemail."

I watched as he scrolled through some more contacts.

He called a couple more old friends from high school. No one happened to be free at the moment.

"Fuck it." Jack said, grabbing the keys. "Let's go to Alex's and kiss infront of him to freak him out."

I laughed and followed him downstairs, once we left the apartment building, I took the keys from him, "Yeah, you're not driving."

He shrugged, knowing my idea was better, then we got in the car.

I started it up and then left the parking lot. He turned up the radio and danced around.

I danced around too, and when I looked over at him, he was making a Keek of us being idiots.

I laughed loudly, "Jack. Fuck you."

He laughed back and uploaded the keek. I later found out he used the same caption I did for my picture earlier.

We pulled into Alex and Lisa's driveway then ran up to the door. Jack tried to open it, but it was locked.

"Come on." He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the back.

We looked around the corner, and saw Alex throwing a ball out in the grass, then watching his dog, Sebastion, bring it back to him.

Jack pulled out his phone as started another keek. This boy and his social networking, I swear.

"We have now spotted a wild Gaskarth in its habitat." Jack said then turned the camera to Alex.

We both walked out, and Jack kept talking to his phone.

"Here it is, playing with his-"

"Jack, what the fuck?" He turned around.

"It was an accident." He said, "DONT HIT ME." Then stopped recording.

Jack and Alex stood there talked for a minute, so I crouched down and pet the dog.

After playing with it for a little bit, I looked up at Jack, "Jack, can we we get a dog?"

They both looked down at me.

"We?" Alex asked.

Jack looked at him. "Remember when I told you we were moving in together after tour until I find somewhere to go?"

"Oh yeah."

I stood up next to Jack.

"Are you guys together yet?" Alex asked, taking the ball from Sebastian and throwing it.

I looked up at Jack and smiled.

When neither of us responded, Alex looked up at us.

"Are you?"

Jack nodded.

"HOLY SHIT."

I smiled, "So where's Lisa?"

"Work." He frowned.

"Sucks." I said.

"Yeah, you got any food?" Jack asked, walking towards the back door.

"Jack, we just ate."

He shrugged and walked inside.

"Is that why you guys are here?" Alex asked, grabbing the ball.

"To tell you? Nahh."

"Oh. Okay.. So how'd it happen?"

I laughed and then told him about how Jack walked into my house and kissed me out of the blue.

"That's it?"

I nodded.

"All I have to do to get a girl is kiss her? Damn. Lisa was harder than that."

"Oh shut up." I slapped his arm. "You know I've liked Jack for how long?"

"Since that first day I came over to jam with you two."

"Not true." I said. "I didn't start liking him until 9th grade."

"Nahh, you liked him before that."

I shook my head no and took the ball out of Sebastian's mouth and threw it before Alex could.

The rest of the day was spent just us sitting around Alex's back yard, playing stupid games and having messed up conversations.

Lisa came home around 4 and kissed Alex before greeting us. I used to have trouble with her, back in high school. But we're good now.

Lisa and I headed to the kitchen to make dinner, while the guys sat outside to do whatever it is that guys do alone.

"So, how long have you and Jack been dating?" She asked, pulling out the ingredients.

"Eh, since yesterday." I laughed.

"Oh, I've always known you two would end up together."

That was bullshit. All through out high school, she accused me of being in love with Alex.

I'm not going to lie, I did have a crush on Alex when I first met him in 8th grade, but that only lasted a couple weeks.

I nodded and put my hair up in a bun, in fear of it getting into the food.

I started mashing some things together, and she complimented my ear.

Not actually my ear, but the earrings in it. My left ear was fully pierced, all up the side. I laughed and thanked her.

We threw the food in the oven and sat up against the counter, that's when the guys walked in to the house.

Alex walked up to Lisa and hugged her from behind, and Jack walked up and kissed my temple. Doing that cute thing he does when he uses his finger and guides my head up.

I feel like they were trying to plan something.. But I just went with it.

We are dinner and cleaned up, then Alex decided to bring out the booze.

Typical Alex, I thought. Always wanting to get himself and everyone else drunk.

I took only one drink, deciding I'll be the sober driver tonight.

We decided to play a game of uno, and I was the only sober one. So it was pretty funny.

There was no rules to this game, considering it was being played by 3 drunks.

Jack slapped down a red 4.

"Jack, the color is green." I said.

"Yeah but I put down a 4!"

"The number was six."

"That's why I put down a blue!"

I shook my head and laughed at him and put down a card.

I tried correcting Alex and Lisa as well, and they both yelled at me, too. "I know how to play this game, Maddy! I took Spanish in high school!"

I gotta admit. Drunk people are more fun when you're sober, because you can mess with them.

I excused my self to the bathroom.

I made that sound polite. What I really said was, "Guys, I gotta piss. Don't kill each other when I'm gone."

I walked into the bathroom and did my business. When I walked out, they were all gone.

Confused, I asked, "Guys?"

They all jumped out from random spots shouting, "Surprise!"

"Damn, you guys are shit faced." I laughed.

At about 12:30, I decided it was time for us to go.

I hugged Lisa and then Alex, as I did I heard her mumble, "I knew you like Alex, slut."

I just laughed awkwardly because I knew she was drunk and didn't mean it.

I grabbed Jacks hand and pulled him out the door. I had to buckle him in the the passenger her seat. When I buckled myself in to the drivers, I noticed him throwing up out the window.

"Oh, Jack." I laughed.

"Can we get Burger King?" He asked.

"Of course we can get Burger King, Jack." I said, starting the car.

"After we get Burger King, can we kiss?"

I laughed, looking over at him. "We can kiss whenever you want, Jack."

"Okay." He smiled, "But I want to kiss you after we get Burger King."

"Okay, Jacky." I smiled at him, then looked back at the road.

I drove to the nearest 24 hour Burger King. I decided Jack might get arrested for public intoxication if we went inside, so I drove to the drive thru.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"A whopper!" He shouted, "And a coke, pleeeeease."

At least he had manners while wasted.

"And ask them for two crowns!" I did as he said, and we pulled into a parking spot after getting our food.

I put the car in park.

After we ate, he looked at me.

"Yes?"

He took a crown out and put it on me, "For you, Princess Maddy."

I laughed and he put the other on him, "And for me, Prince Jacky."

"You're a princess, Madz." He smiled at me. His eyes were bloodshot and half open. "And you only deserve the best.. And that's ME."

I laughed.

"Can we kiss now?"

I nodded and kissed him.

When we pulled away he smiled and fell back in his seat, "I KISSED A PRINCESS!"

I laughed once again, and started up the car.

On our way home, I noticed a flash from the passenger seat. I looked over and Jack was making another keek.

"Guys.." He said, "I just kissed a princess!" Then he pointed the camera over at me.

"You're drunk, Jack." I smiled.

"Can we kiss again, Princess Maddy?"

I laughed as we stopped at a stoplight. I reached over and pecked him on the lips again.

He put the camera on him and whispered, "I told you."

I laughed to myself and he said to the camera, "So everyone knows, me and Maddy are dating now.. She's my girlfriend."

I smiled over at him, he just called me his girlfriend to the whole world.

"I finally got the balls to kiss her and look at us now.. But I'm running out of ti-" When he was in the middle of talking, the flash went off.

Which meant he ran out of time. He posted it then looked over at me.

"I love you." He said.

"You're drunk." I repeated myself.

"Am not!"

"Okay, Jacky."

We got back to the apartment and changed into pjs before laying down in my bed.

We cuddled and I whsipered, "Goodnight Jack."

"Goodnight, Maddy."

The last thing I remember before falling asleep, was hearing Jack whisper, "I kissed a princess."