Prince Mattew x Deputy!Reader: Captive

Start from the beginning

"Y'all better not get any ideas or I'll shoot."

I growled at them as they stayed completely silently except for the one bawlin' on the floor. Once I heard footsteps comin', I slowly lowered my gun and searched around the place before I found the Prince captured in a small cage. He had ginger hair that fit perfectly with his pale freckled face. He looked up at me with his crystal blue orbs that shined with wonder. I lightly chuckled as the Sheriff and Detective finally reached thus floor we were standin' in and went to take the bandits to prison.

"Well you must be the Prince, aren't ye?"

I asked. He nodded in response. I looked at the lock.

"....It ain't even locked.."

I mumbled as I slid off the lock and opened the cage. He scattered out before dusting himself off.

"Let's get you out of-"

"Thanks love."

His voice was just... perfect. This was the first time I had heard him talk. The way his words rolled off his mouth was completely satisfying. He must certainly be a ladies man. I turned to look at him, not realizing a dark blush had spread across my cheeks.

"A-Ah y-you're welcome."

I scratched the back of my head nervously. Well he sure was a flirt.

"...Let's get going. Follow me."

I needed to take him somewhere safer. I started walking down the stairs as he followed behind me. I know I was rude about him earlier, but damn is he gorgeous.

-----

After all the bandits had been captured, I stepped out of the building and looked out. Well, I guess that detective did a great job cleaning up the town. My gaze stopped once I saw the Prince.

"And that's when I fought them all off single-handedly."

He announced proudly as the girls surrounding him giggled, clearly believing him. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes as I walked towards them.

"Well aren't you as proud as a Peacock."

I grinned as I raised my eyebrows and grabbed his attention. He mumbled something to the girls before they all whined and went away. He turned to look at me with those wonderful eyes.

"Greeting Deputy (Y/N). Glad to see I have the pleasure of seeing you once again before my departure."

He reached down and took my hand before gently pressing his soft lips against my knuckles. I blushed lightly and looked away.

"Quit bein' a flirt. I'm just a dull stump."

I lightly huffed before turning to look at him with a grin.

"Yer as cute as a button."

I told him with a grin. He lightly smiled before letting go of my hand.

"I wouldn't lie to you. I do like all this attention."

He admitted as he looked away for a spit second.

"But that doesn't mean my words are genuinely lies."

He looked back and locked eyes with mine.

"I do truly mean them. You saved my life and I'm grateful. And you aren't dull. You're a star. Stars can't shine without darkness."

He said sincerely and truthfully.

"Well, I'll be."

I uncrossed my arms and cleared my throat before speaking again.

"Well Prince Matthew, I'd love to get to know you more. How about we go eat somethin' before you get on yer way back home, ey?"

I offered him. He smiled cheerfully and lightly laughed.

"Yeah, before you and I get on our way back home."

I was a little puzzled by his response.

"Pardon?"

I asked in confusion. He smiled and went over to cup me cheeks.

"You're coming with me, right?"

His eyes glowed with hope. I stood stunned for a few seconds before a grin grew wider across my face. I was happier than a dead pig in the sunshine.

"Of course sugah."