XXXXI

Aditya was ready for the meeting with the papers, and a tons of lies and excuses. One step towards success, a step higher in his ladder to power and money. "I want to meet Prisoner 458." the shock on the Inspector's and other constables was visible, but ignored by the Major. No one was allowed to meet that prisoner, against whom so many cases were pending, of murder, kidnapping, theft and any other crime anyone could think of or constitution could mention. But the main case which couldn't be unseen, was of being a terrorist. He had many names before he was arrested, no one knew who in real he was, from where he belonged, which language he spoke. Now, he was just a number. A number, who had a visitor after so many years.

"458, you know why I am here." Aditya's cold voice echoed over the cell, drowned in darkness. The person, sitting in a corner, looked like a maniac with his long beard, red eyes, rugged uniform of the jail. "You know I have a name, I just hate this number."

"You may be my brother, but here we are for business and the day you let your guard down, getting arrested, I forgot about your existence. But let's be happy that fate made us meet again for our mutual benefits."

"Your benefit, you will gain power and money by selling nuclear triggers, what about me?" years in jail didn't reduce his attitude, "You will have your life. If you don't sign this, then you know my boss will stop what he is doing for you. Tomorrow morning you will have your case reopened and the next day, you would be hanged." the prisoner, now was standing in front of Aditya, losing his right to choice to sign wasn't well accepted by him. He and his ex-brother parted their ways, one chose to betray his country by entering the system, while the other chose to attack from front. "You are the only person of the Vulture in country right now, who can sign on behalf of the group. So think of your own well being, and sign this." Aditya, wasn't pleased when he got to know that the group who agreed to buy the triggers, after the failed meeting, wanted them to meet this prisoner for the deal.

"Give me the papers."  Aditya took out the blue file, with all necessary documents and a pen. The way he took out the file from somewhere out of his coat, clearly showed his hurry. Just looking over some important words and lines written in black ink, 458 took off the cap of the pen to seal his own future, to seal the future of the country. The small sign will bring the misfortune, anybody could have imagined.

"Time is up." The inspector came to take the visitor back with him. The time was over before any blank could be signed. "Just one more minute." Aditya tried his best to save his another failing meeting, but all was  in vain. He, with his file was thrown out of the jail. Not literally, sadly.

Aditya again faced a failure, and didn't have any option except returning back to KMA. He was sure he could persuade Cadet Ali Beigh to arrange another meeting, but that had to be done soon.

Entering the academy he remembered that his wife was somewhere attending some emergency, but he couldn't care less. He was happy as long as she was out of his way. "Major Aditya, brigadier sir wants to meet you." someone informed him, adding to his irritation. What that old man wants from me now? asking himself the question, his legs moved towards the office, reluctantly. The bad feeling in left side of chest was rising. That place was of his heart, which according to him and all people who knew him, was not present in his body.

Rajveer never expected to have a glimpse of Rajasthan right in KMA. So many people dressed in traditional clothes, with trays covered with red and blue velvet, standing at the gates of an army academy, was a rare scene for anyone. Abhimanyu came running from somewhere inside, a little embarrassed for having his personnel life's view in his professional life.

"I am sorry Rajveer for all this, my sister was really excited when she came to know I am off duty and send all this gifts for me." he laughed at his little sis for her childish work. But Rajveer didn't find anything to laugh at, his brain started connecting dots, forming a figure which he didn't like, or could have expected. Abhimanyu returned to KMA and his sister couldn't contain her happiness. That two events couldn't go unnoticed and were pointing towards something that Rajveer wanted to turn blind eye to. Mastermind couldn't be Abhimanyu, at least that what's his heart was telling him.