X

A/N
I just published my first story that I ever wrote. It is a revised edition but still remains the same. It is just a short story of 2000 words, so if you have a little time, please do check it out, and tell me how you like it.
Anyways, here is what you all were waiting for....

"Cadet Naina Ahuluwalia Singh "

Naina couldn't believe her ears. Whatever she heard just now couldn't be true. She wanted to believe that it all was a dream, a nightmare but the clear voice of Captain Rajveer didn't allow her to dwell on that possibility. She didn't turn, just stood there as a wax doll, with no movement and no emotions.
"I don't know what you are speaking Sir. " she somehow found her voice and clearly denied her real name.
"Don't lie to me Naina, I know you are my best friend's sister. " Rajveer wanted her to accept the fact in front of him. Even though he knew the truth but he wanted to listen it from her mouth.
"It's Cadet Naina. Sir. " she reminded him who she was to him. She was just a cadet and he had to no right to interfere in one of his student's life.
"And sir, which best friend are you talking about? That best friend, whom you just classified as a traitor, whom you don't trust at all. " saying this Naina rushed out of the room, leaving Rajveer speechless. He didn't want to hurt Naina, or even call her brother traitor. She didn't know how much he wanted to find out the truth behind Naveen's death. It was one of the reasons he came here, apart from that other reason.

Naina just went to her room, thankfully finding it empty. She knew that Pooja went to the party with others. Closing the doors behind her she just let one tear fall followed by other. She wasn't crying because Captain Rajveer called her brother traitor in front of whole class, but she was crying because she couldn't keep a cover up for even a single week. First week at KMA and now Captain knew who she was. And she was sure that tomorrow the first thing he will do is to tell the brigadier and she will be kicked out of here, without finding anything. Some days before she called home, just to check if her parents had forgave her or not but sadly they were still coming to the terms that their only daughter was on same path that her brother selected.

Rajveer was wandering in the academy grounds just to take his mind off the events that just happened. He just wanted to test his theory, although it was a success but still it had hurt Naina. A few shadows in a corner were enough to alert Rajveer, a few whisperings were enough to make him follow those shadows.
He was familiar with some voices, but couldn't place a face on them. But he was sure that they were first year cadets. Before he could call them, they were through the wall with help of a big hole. He knew that following them in the darkness would be complete waste of time, so he chose to carry out a smarter plan. He went to Suri ji and asked him to check which first year cadets werent in their rooms, same request was passed on to Ms. Lolita, they both were happy to help and didn't question anything because they knew that Captain knew what was best for cadets, he was looking for. They need not worry about discipline, because within a week every faculty member knew that Captain had a very different way of teaching which was much more effective than other older ways.
Soon a list was put forward, without name of any senior because their rooms were not checked, and they were allowed to go out.
He remembered them from his class, it was the same group Naina sits with, in class and even during breaks. He had to accept the fact that he stalked Naina a lot the whole week, just to uncover her secrets, although it didn't help Rajveer in knowing the truth but now he had full knowledge of what was her daily routine.
He didn't find Naina's name on the list, and soon was off to her room. Even if she didn't go with them, it was sure she knew about their whereabouts.

Naina, was not expecting an angry Captain at her door at this time of night. "Where are your friends? " was his first question, which made her doubts increase that this captain was a better detective than Sherlock Holmes. He knew everything that was going around. Just few hours before he discovered her secret and now he knew about her friends. Her mind was full of different thoughts but her lips were sealed.
"Cadet Naina, I know that you know where they all are, so tell me the truth. No more lies. "
"Sir, I am not a traitor, just like my family. My blood and my values doesn't allow me to be unfaithful to anyone, whether it's my friends or my country. " she said, catching Rajveer offgaurd.
"Okay, let's make a deal. You tell me where your friends are and your secret is safe with me. Or else... " he left his threat hanging, letting her mind doing all creative job. But he was not happy he had to blackmail her, he didn't like it at all even if it was necessary at that time, just to save some cadets from getting expelled if any higher official found out about their plan.
"Why am I not surprised? You are using my secret against me, but you know what, go ahead and tell whoever you want to tell. I am ready to get expelled rather than breaking my friends trust. " Naina just said all this in the heat of the moment, and was shocked when all this came out of her mouth.
"Naina, sometimes we think what we are doing is right and that belief makes us fight against whole world. I am really happy that you are standing up for your friends, many few people do that but when you are going to fight you need to check once whether you are on right side or not. Maybe at that moment you think you are right but when you look at your decision from others perspective, you might find faults. And it's better to regret later, after the fight than finding and changing your decision right now. " he spoke in a soft tone, letting the words register in the hot headed girl in front of him. He was impressed with the wild fire that was somewhere in her, but sometimes fire burns the person himself, if it is not handled carefully. And he knew that as a teacher it was his job to protect Naina from getting burn in her own fire.
Naina, reluctantly gave the name of the place, where her friends were. She knew that Captain Rajveer could have told everyone but he came here to ask about them personally, even though she didn't want to trust him, but somewhere deep inside her heart, she already trusted him. It was new to her, to trust anyone after her brother's death, speacially a person who called her brother a traitor, but she trusted the Captain, who by now had already grabbed her shoulders, looking into her eyes, with his beautiful eyes. She couldn't deny the feeling she felt when he was near her, but she ignored them every time but right now it was becoming quite difficult.

Rajveer realizing where his hands were, removed them and with a promise to Naina that her friends will be safe, went to where the cadets were.

The party was going on on full swing. Everyone was enjoying, the seniors and the freshers. Yudi's party was on the way of being the best party ever. No one noticed absence of Pooja and Ali, who were somewhere trying to find Rahul. Ali was a simple guy, who wanted to help Pooja, just for the sake of humanity, or it was what he thought. Many times, he felt something stir in his heart when he saw Pooja smile or her voice but it was an unknown territory he was wandering in. This territory still needed a name, that Ali couldn't find till now. Sometimes he thought could it be a four letter word that started from L... But that was a big thing that happened over time, not at first sight.
After no success they returned to the party where Yudi and Huda were waiting for them eagerly, to tell them a big event that just happened in the party.
"Huda just had a bet with me, to ask Naina for freshers ball. And he thinks he has a chance of winning." Yudi exclaimed as soon as the two new comers were in sight. "Best of luck Huda, you are gonna need it. " Pooja and Ali said at the same time. This happened quite a lot with them, it was like their minds worked in the same way. Just like ever time, they just chuckled and shrugged it off.

Aalekh was sitting in corner, with his best friend, who knew everything about him, about his past. His drink. Alcohol. People say alcohol is a bad thing but it has a power to make people forget and that was Aalekh needed. He wanted to forget his past and Alcohol was his helper. He quietly listened to bickering of four cadets who stood a little away from him. He still couldn't understand Why Was he sticking with them and Naina. Everytime he used to eat, he was them, even in the class he used to sit with them. It just became his routine. He even spoke to them sometimes, which was quiet unusual of him. Maybe he was with them because they were the only people who accepted him, knowing from where he was and never asked him about his past. Never did he tell them or anyone, not even Suri ji, who himself established him as his fatherly figure. He never complained because even he didn't want to accept it but it felt quiet good to have someone who cared for him.

Everyone was busy in themselves, that is why only Aalekh noticed when Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat entered through the doors. Some seconds later everyone was silent and watched the captain enter and the five freshers just muttered a single name,  "Naina. "

A/n
See, double authors note😂😂😂
I know no one wanna read them but still I like to write them....  I am sooooo tired after today's outing but still I wanted to write this because I just couldn't live without writing this a single day.....  Anyways, please share your thoughts... I liked to write about Aalekh.... I didn't wanna do a rajveer Naina love story, because LRL is about 6 cadets... So even though I am not going to go in details but still there are going to be glimpses about their lives in this book... And I loved to wrote about Aalekh, Ali and Pooja....

Anyways, goodnight to everyone.... My cozy bed is calling me.... 😂😂😂