XXXII

"Shalini? It was you who kidnapped me?" Rajveer was in shock, his best friend would do such a thing , was beyond his imagination. "Rajveer and Naina, I don't want to shed anyone's blood. So please, follow me and don't dare to try anything or my pistol will be talking instead of me." Shalini started walking towards the same room, in which Rajveer was kept.

"Please have a seat, be our guest." with help of the gun she was carrying, she pointed towards the two chairs, that were now present in that room. "Our? Who is the other person?" Naina asked, sitting on a chair. "The other person will be joining us soon. Till then, I want to have some fun." pointing the gun towards Naina, she started whistling some random tune, "Shalini have you gone mad? Stop it right now. Put the gun down, you can hurt Naina. Put it down." Rajveer was going to stand up, as he saw what Shalini was upto, "Sit down Captain, don't make me do something which you might regret." this time Shalini was pointing the gun towards Rajveer.

"Shalini that's enough. Just end it." a male voice ordered her. "But....." before she could protest he said again, "You wanted to go with this plan, I agreed, now listen to me and just end it." "Okay." Shalini looked at both the confused people, smiling and said, "Sorry, for frightening you both. You can stand up... Or sit if you want." she laughed a little awkwardly, and put her gun away. "Shalini are you drunk or on drugs?" Rajveer asked slowly, checking if she was in her senses or not. "I thought this would be fun, looking at frightened Captain or Cadet, but here they are looking a little confused, but nothing else than that." she pouted a little, upset that her whole hardwork was wasted.

"Why would they be afraid? After all they are my Best Friend and my Sister." with a proud smile on his face, came out of the darkness Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia.

"Naveen?" "Bhaiya?" Rajveer and Naina both said at the same time, looking at the person, whom they thought to be dead all these months. Just a few moments ago, the possibility of his being alive seemed so low, but now, he was standing in front of them, alive, breathing the same oxygen as they were and smiling so broadly. "How?... I mean.." Naina was at loss of words. She wanted to run to her brother and hug him, but at the same time she was afraid that he would vanish like a beautiful dream. She was afraid that this all was her dream, and when she will wake, she would be again without her brother, alone in this world. Rajveer was feeling somewhat the same as Naina. He was too happy to get his best friend back, at the same time he wanted to know how did he survive.

"Let's sit because my story is going to be a quiet long one." Naveen brought two more chairs from somewhere, and started telling his story, after he and Shalini were sitting comfortably.

"When we were on the cliff, I knew that army would find me, that is for sure. And I was also sure that Rajveer would do anything to save me, even if he had to go against army for that. I didn't want anybody else to suffer because of me, so there were only two options for me, first, that I surrendered and the second, that I jump into the river. If I chose the second one then I could have died but the first one was no less than a death. That is why I chose to jump. I am a good swimmer, but that also couldn't help that much in that fast flowing river. After sometime, I reached some place that I didn't know. I was unconscious so the people took me to the nearby hospital. Fortunately, the news of me being a traitor wasn't out by that time, so nobody recognised me and the hospital started my treatment. That day only, Shalini was visiting the same hospital and saw me. In whole KMA, only Raj and Shalini trusted me. She knew that soon everyone will come to know who I was, therefore, she kidnapped me from there and took me to her farmhouse."

"She really has an experience in kidnapping field." Rajveer commented looking at Shalini, showing his annoyance with her.

"Raj, let me complete." Naveen then continued, " I was treated there only by Dr.Shalini. Search operations were carried out to find me, but everyone searched near river or the towns nearby. Nobody searched the area near KMA, where her farmhouse was situated. I wanted to come and meet you all, but I knew that if I keep a step out of this house, before everything has calmed down, I would be again running from army for my life. Many months I stayed here, while Shalini worked in KMA, and told me everything that happened there."