XXXV

"You? "
Rajveer was sure that he instructed Balshankar to mix some sleeping pills in her food, again. Right now, she was an unexpected and unwanted guest in the mission, whom, no one knew how to eliminate, no matter how much they wanted to.
"Rajveer, let's stop playing hide and seek. I know that you know everything and I also know everything about you. So let's just cut the chase and come to the point. Hand over the triggers to me and you both die peacefully. Or try to fight me, then I will make sure that you both will wish to die but I won't let you. I would make your death so painful that even the greatest villains of all time would be frightened of it." Ritu was toying with the gun in her hand, waiting for Rajveer to choose.

"Ritu, dialogues don't suit you. You will never get the triggers. Only over my dead body." Rajveer and Naina were standing in a protective stance in front of the boxes, which contained the triggers. "As you wish Captain. By the way, at least in your last moments you called me by my first name." the look Rajveer gave her was of pure disgust. "Let's make it easy for you, Naina, shoot him." passing a spare revolver to Naina, Ritu tried to force her to shoot him. The three passengers of the truck were standing in a perfect triangle, in which Ritu was pointing gun at Naina and Naina, with shaking hands was pointing at Captain Rajveer, who sadly didn't have a gun to point at anyone.

In the heat of the moment no one noticed the dark tunnel which was coming. As the truck passed through darkness and rough road, a gunshot was heard. Who pulled the trigger and who was the victim was hard to tell. The darkness didn't allow anyone to know what just happened and the rough patch made sure that the target was wrong. Naina and Ritu, both had stumbled in the tunnel, but who shooted whom, it was still not revealed.
Hearing the gunshot the driver stopped the truck at a distance from the tunnel. The light returned, so did a malicious and victorious smile on Ritu's face. The gun was of Naina and the chest was of Captain Rajveer.

There lied Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, with a gunshot in his chest from which oozed red crimson blood.

With tears escaping her eyes, Naina sunk to her knees. She was shocked, how it happened she was unaware of it. "Stop crying Naina, get off the truck right now." pushing Naina with her gun, Ritu, along with her, jumped off the truck. Soon two jeeps appeared from the same tunnel. The jeeps were full of goons with pistols in their hands. They were the helpers of Ritu, not that she needed them now. It was her back up plan, if Captain survived but now when he was out of her way, everything was super easy for her.

Naina was kneeling down on the road, her back facing the truck. Ritu was standing behind her with her pistol aligned with her head. "You know Naina, I can right now go and have the triggers and let these people kill you but I won't do this because I want to kill you. You were the reason I couldn't get close to Rajveer, you were always there in between us. If you weren't there he would have fallen in love with me and my plan would have worked out but no he had to fall in love with his cadet. Because of you I had to change my plans so many times. And also how can I forget you are sister of that Naveen." Ritu took Naveen's name with so much hatred and disgust, "I will kill you Naina, one thing I wanted to do since so long." she was going to pull the trigger when a gunshot was heard. She was sure that it was not her.

One of the goons from that jeep fell on the ground, followed by another. Firing was heard but no one was seen. Ritu failed to understand who was there helping Naina. Soon most of the goons were lying dead and the ones who were left, were frantically looking around fearing that they were next.

"Using rifles on field is much more interesting than using them on KMA grounds." Aalekh casually said aloud, while coming from one side of the jeep. "Absolutely... I couldn't imagine this could be so thrilling." from the other side came Ali, holding the same rifle as Aalekh. The rest of guys who were left, tried to fight but were no match to those two KMA students.