I

2000

Everywhere army was scattered,  with rifles in hands and eyes searching for Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia,  a traitor who ran away.  That day the forest was echoing with gun shots instead of chirping of birds.  The soldiers were firing without thinking,  even if they had a slight doubt that they saw Naveen S. Ahluwalia.
Somewhere in the forest,  the injured Captain was trying to run away.  Trying to escape and take a chance to prove his innocence.  He had decided,  today he will escape, that is for sure but only time will tell,  from this army or this world.....  From whom he will escape?

PRESENT TIME....

Naina Singh, a name scribbled on the form that was lying on table, waiting to be filled. It was not supposed to be empty,  as per Naina but her parents didn't think like her.  They wanted to tear this piece of paper as soon as they laid their eyes on it. But Naina saved it in the nick of time. They hated everything related to army, they even hated the word Army because it was the one thing which took away their most precious thing, their son. And now,  their one and only daughter wants to follow the footprints of her brother and go to army. But they couldn't allow it to happen.  Never.
Naina sat on the staircase, imagining different scenarios, with different excuses to go to academy but every time she reached a single answer, No.
She didn't forget her brother's death nor did she forget how army, without any proper investigation, labelled her brother as Traitor. This label had to be removed and this couldn't be done by staying out of the system. It could be done only by becoming a part of it and the only way to this was through academy. This wasn't a complicated plan that her parents didn't understand but it was a risky plan that her parents feared. They couldn't risk their other child's life.
Midnight,  4 hours had passed since Naina broke the news in front of her parents that she wanted to go KMA,  and 4 hours since her parents have locked themselves in their bedroom, denying to speak to her. But Naina Singh was sister of Naveen Singh Ahluwalia, who didn't back out from any of his decisions.  She just needed well wishes of her parents but even if she didn't get them,  she wouldn't change her decision. Tomorrow morning she is going to leave for KMA and before that if her parents agreed then she would be going to KMA happily but if they didn't agree then she would be going to KMA, with a heavy heart. But in either of cases she was going to KMA next morning.