XXIV

Early morning Rajveer shook Naina lightly, but that was enough to break her slumber. "Naina, you need to go back to your room." Naina nodded and with a little help stood up. At first she stumbled a little, unable to maintain balance but supporting herself by holding Rajveer's hand, she stood there for few seconds and then started walking towards the door.

From there Shalini also accompanied them from there, Naina seemed a little better, not much, but still, it was better than nothing at all.
"Cadet Ahuluwalia, what a pleasant surprise! But from where are you coming? Did you sleep somewhere in here? Maybe in some faculty member's room? " Major Bhargav was an early riser, which was a good habit but right now this habit of his proved disadvantageous to them. Before Rajveer could answer, Dr.Shalini answered him, "Yes, Major Bhargav. She did sleep here."

After a pause, she continued, "You know, in infirmary. I stayed all night with her." it was like Shalini just made him taste a little victory, and then suddenly snatched it away. "Let's meet in the meeting." Major Bhargav, saying this went away. Rajveer and Shalini left Naina in her room, which was empty. Pooja was nowhere to be seen but no-one asked about her. Rajveer couldn't stop the interrogation but he knew how to stop the meeting.

Somewhere in KMA, was going on a meeting among 5 cadets, something serious was being discussed.
"Her mobile network was never connected to us. She kept her all messages private, and her searching incognito." Pooja said a little sadly.
"And your handset is broken and not working just like your brain. Don't you think she had a reason to hide this?" Aalekh was always on Naina's side.
"Dude did you know about all this?" Yudi asked but his question was answered with a silence.
"Aalekh, you know that a silence can be misunderstood, so please answer in a yes or no." Ali asked again, because he knew that everyone was taking the silence as a Yes, and he just wanted to make sure that they were not just assuming wrong answers.
"Yes." Aalekh said this, and the meeting was disrupted because of four cadets who stood up, "So, she could trust you and not all us?" Huda couldn't believe this at all. "Listen, be angry on me all you want, but let Naina explain once. Maybe her brother was not a traitor. Let her tell you all why did she lie." Aalekh never thought that he would be pleading to someone, but right now he knew that Naina needed support and her friends the only one who could provide her that. The four cadets went away from there, and it was clear that they were going to ignore Aalekh and Naina from now on. But Aalekh was done with pleading and talking, he knew Naina needed them and he would make sure that they understand Naina, if talks and pleads couldn't melt them then his work and plan would.

Naina was shaken, before interrogation she was telling herself that she won't be effected but right now she was. And she didn't like it at all. Washing her face once again, she tried to shook away all the memories and forget whatever happened.
"Naina Singh Ahluwalia, you are here to prove your Brother innocent. And you are a brave sister of a brave soldier, so stop being weak and toughen up. Nobody is going to be with you. And you knew that all way long, so stop being effected and hurt. It is of no use." she continued muttering brave words to her reflection, and after a few more lines of her speech, she decided to walk around KMA. A walk, she knew, was going to be the worst walk she ever had.

Entering in KMA, she saw Ali and Pooja talking to each other, but seeing her they stopped and went away from there. Huda and Yudi were no different. She knew that Aalekh souls be with her, but right now he was nowhere in her range of sight. "Cadet Naina Singh, come with me to the meeting." Dr. Ritu accompanied her to the Brigadier's office, but she knew that Dr.Ritu was like a police officer taking the criminal with her. There would be alot other words to sugar coat this but Naina wanted to face the harsh reality, she wanted this to be over for once and all.

"I can't believe this Ali, you could do something so cheap. You don't deserve to be my friend." Pooja yelled at Ali, when she saw him waiting for her. Ali was confused, Pooja went in to her room to bring a book but now she came out with a paper and red cheeks, because if anger. Not a good scene for Ali. She threw the paper at Ali and went away.