XXII

Returning back to his room, Rajveer had a smile on his face. A smile, same as what Naina had, right now. But opening the doors of his room, he became all professional, seeing Colonel Shakti, standing in there. He was the Senior Officer, Captain Rajveer was reporting to. He was the one who gave Rajveer the responsibility to protect Nuclear Triggers.

"Captain, you really don't like your room. It's 3 am and you just returned from somewhere, so happily." Colonel Shakti, continued, before Rajveer could object, "Tomorrow is the Fresher's ball, be careful, because we have got a news that the spy might try something tomorrow."

"Yes Sir." Captain Rajveer said, he knew he had to be on extra alert on that night, because everyone was going to be in ease, and there was going to be a lot of people in one place, he had to keep an eye on everyone.
Colonel Shakti, went out of the door, after their small meeting was over. Rajveer always thought that how Colonel so easily used to come in his room and go out, without anyone noticing him.

Everyone was excited for the Fresher's Ball, Huda couldn't stop flaunting the fact that Naina had agreed to come with him, Pooja was confused about her feelings, but right now wanted to concentrate on her date for the ball, Ali. Yudi, also thought of a perfect plan to enter the Ball, without a date, and for Aalekh, it was just another evening.

The Ball started as the first couple entered the hall. Romantic music, Red and White balloons, the smoke, and the exotic food, was taking the Fresher's ball to a whole new level.

Huda, with hand in hand with Naina, entered the hall, slowly down the stairs, followed by Pooja and Ali, who were walking a little apart. But this time, Ali extended his right hand a little, which Pooja happily and eagerly held, while walking down. Next couple was supposed to be Aalekh and his date, who were nowhere to be seen. "Huda, where is Aalekh? Are you sure he is coming?" Naina asked, as soon as they were a part of the crowd.  "Yeah, he is coming. You wont believe, today boys cadets and Suri Ji attacked him. Held him, and then tried to shave him, and make him look presentable for the ball, but..." Huda stopped a little, "But?" she asked again, "But Ms.Lolita came and scolded us. And Suri ji, just put all the blame on us, you know so that his image is not ruined in front of us. Before coming here we just completed 5 laps around the academy." Huda pouted a little, which caused Naina to laugh a little. The romantic environment, and the melodious laugh of his date, just ensured Huda that he was right when he thought that he might be in love with the girl, standing in front of him.

"Who is she?" "Do you know her?" such questions were soon the only thing heard, as Aalekh entered with an unknown girl, who was holding his hand too tightly. Waving her hand a little, she introduced herself from standing on the top, "Hye everyone, I am Madonna. But you all can call me Maddie... " with a few flying kisses, she finally came down.

"Who is this Aalekh? " his friends asked as soon as he came down with Madonna, "Guys, this is Y.... " Before Aallekh could complete the name, Madonna said, "Madonna, Nice to meet you all.... " Aalekh just rolled his eyes, and asked Huda, "Where is my best friend?  "

"Go straight, and in ground, behind the second Bush." Huda whispered in Aalekh's ears and went back to Naina, Madonna followed Aalekh, wherever he was going, without asking him.

Faculty members entered next, but shock awaited for cadets when they saw Dr. Shalini entering with Brigadier Chandok, Dr. Ritu with Captain Rajveer and Major Bhargav with Major Nair. Technically, the last one didn't have dates, but their glare was enough to let them enter. And ofcourse Suri ji came with Ms.Lolita.

Rajveer was a little late because he had to make sure the cameras were working and placed accurately. But Dr.Ritu did scold him, a little, for not being punctual. The teachers were seated on the tables, that were arranged around the dance floor. "Let's start dance, shall we?" Brigadier Chandok and Dr.Shalini started the Ball, with a friendly dance, which later everyone joined. While everyone was busy dancing, and Huda was somewhere, Naina decided to meet Rajveer and Dr.Ritu. "You look beautiful ma'am." Naina said, complimenting her teacher for the Red Saree she was wearing. "You too, Cadet. Right Captain?" Dr.Ritu, just asked Captain, who was drinking his juice but hearing this started coughing. "Yeah, right." he resumed his drinking, "Sorry Cadet, he doesn't know, how to compliment a lady." hearing this, Rajveer decided to prove her wrong, "Naina, tonight, you look beautiful, your date must be the luckiest man in here." with a little teasing smile, he looked into Naina's eyes, proving everything he said, might be in a teasing way, but was true. "Great going Captain. But excuse me, I have to go to ladies room." saying this Dr.Ritu left Rajveer with Naina. Both of them stood there and saw many people dance on a song, which was extra slow.