XXIII

"Cadet Naina Singh Ahluwalia"

"Sister of an ex-fresher of KMA, and a traitor, Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia"

Major Bhargav's voice gave rise to many emotions in everybody, Rajveer and Naina were shocked and then afraid, all cadets were confused, because they didn't know much about Naveen Singh Ahluwalia, and Naina's friends were worried also, because they knew that if Major Bhargav is saying something about their friend then that can be a bad news only. Major Nair was smirking just like his cousin, and the faculty members were in their initial shock, but Brigadier Chandok was the first one to realize and register whatever Major had just said. "Is it true Cadet Singh?"he asked.

Naina was hesitant to answer, to which Major Nair added his special comment, "Afraid and ashamed of accepting the fact that you are sister of a traitor."

Rajveer knew this comment was to tick off Naina and make her accept the fact but Naina was not so familiar with the tricks these people could use, and that is what made her an easy target for the Majors. Hearing her brothers name, and traitor attached to it, she couldn't contain herself and said, "Yes, he was my brother and Captain Naveen Singh Ahluwalia was not a traitor. "

Brigadier got what he wanted, an acceptance of the truth. "Dr. Mishra arrange a psychological test right now and Major Nair, look into the system, how come she came into KMA with a wrong identity." A physcological test was obvious in situations like these, the test was to know what was going on in the mind of the suspect, but in Naina's case, the test was to check that can she become a traitor, just like her brother. The ball was cut short, everyone rushed back to their rooms, and Naina, before Rajveer could tell her what was going to happen in test, was taken to the special room of KMA, that was arranged was all tests like this.
Rajveer was well aware what happened in tests like these, or better that happened to people who had to give this test. They were completely broken after the test, such questions were asked which were enough to rob them of all their respect and leave them like a shell. And he couldn't imagine, his stubborn and fighter Cadet Naina Ah Singh like that.

Rajveer knew that now he couldn't talk to Brigadier, neither could he contact his someone senior to save her, maybe he could do that, but that can't save her from the test that is going to happen right now. That left him with only one option Dr.Ritu. He needed to talk to Dr.Mishra.

"Dr.Mishra you can't conduct this test. Just stop it right now." Rajveer entered her room and said it louder than expected. Dr.Mishra was shocked at first but then calm replied, "Why Captain?" " Because I said so...." correcting himself, he replied again, "Because I believe that Naina can never do become a traitor, so there is no need of any test. Just stop it." "I am very glad to see that you trust your cadet so much. But Brigadier doesn't, and needs a test as a proof. But Rajveer Can you trust me? We are friends after all, right?" she asked calmly, and was ready to go. Rajveer wanted to scream a No in answer, because right now he trusted nobody with Naina, but he stopped Dr.Mishra by grabbing her hand tightly and roughly by elbow, and pleading one last time, "Can't this be stopped? " "No Captain" hearing this Rajveer's anger was rising, and his grip became tighter, "Captain you are hurting me... " Dr. Mishra said, and as soon as he left her, went towards the special room.

Naina sat on the darkness, waiting for whatever was going to happen. "Hye, Cadet Ahuluwalia" Dr.Mishra said, in a fake happy tone, but Naina could see through the act. She was being friendly just because of the test. "Let us talk, just like friends." she said again. "But we are not friends ma'am, you are the interrogator and I am the suspect, who is sister of a soldier, whom everyone thinks of as a traitor." Naina said in a voice with pain and anger.
"And you want revenge for that? "
"I want justice." Naina said, revenge would be too strong word, and an evil word, but what she wanted was justice for a dead soldier. The interrogation went on, but as time passed, Ritu grew impatient, and her questions turned into statements and then her statements turned into accusations. Naina was becoming tired of repeating same things again and again.