XIII

Walking side by side Naina and Rajveer were silent, but this wasn't an uncomfortable one. They just liked each others presence, even though they were a little hesitant to accept it.

After walking for sometime, they saw a person bend forward with a plant in hand. Suri ji was standing beside him, instructing him on how to plant in correct manner. Looking closely, they were able to identify the cadet. It was none other than Cadet Huda, suffering his second punishment.

Rajveer was confused as he didn't know anything about Huda being assigned to Suri ji. He didn't know what Huda did but seeing Naina chuckling a little and smiling he knew that she knew about this. "What is he doing with Suri ji? " he asked Naina, who immediately answered, "He wanted to say sorry to me and decided to give me flowers." "So, Suri ji is making him plant flowers because he gave you a bouquet?" Rajveer knew KMA was strict but this was insane. "Actually, Huda being Huda thought that if he has to apologize for two things, he need to do something big. So instead of giving me a bigger bouquet, he gave me whole bouquet of plants." Naina started laughing, she had forgave Huda the moment he said sorry sincerely, it was clear from his eyes. Till now, Naina knew that Huda might be a jerk or flirt but not a bad person. After explaining Rajveer what happened earlier, because of which now Rajveer was smiling, he somehow found it cute. Huda, trieing to win over Naina, young love, he thought. He was like a friend of cadets in faculty, and it was not long since he was himself a cadet, so he knew the emotion in eyes of Cadet Huda when he saw Naina and waved at her, to which Naina gave a friendly smile. But what he failed to understand was the unknown emotion in his heart, when he saw both the cadets smiling at each other. He didn't like it, why, he himself didn't know the answer to that.

Evening was coming to an end, when Rajveer decided to bring Naina to a special place. A place that was known only to Rajveer and Naveen. A place that belonged to them. "Naina, I know it's getting dark. But do you trust me to take you to a place, that is a little far away? " Rajveer knew he could take her without her permission also, he was his teacher but right now he wanted to be Rajveer, best friend of Naina's brother, not her teacher, and to be that he needed to seek her permission.

Naina couldn't understand the question. It was a simple question with an answer in yes or no but this question had a lot more value in it than it seemed. A no could take them back to square one and a yes will be another leap. But Naina knew she was ready to take the leap.
"Yes." Naina said with surety. This was the only answer Rajveer needed to take her with him.
With Rajveer, she could feel her old self reviving, the person she was before Naveen's death. He held her hand, when a little rough path started. It was really difficult to walk on that without any support, so Rajveer provided that support to Naina. He was quiet used to this path, as this was his regular hangout, but for a new person this path would be difficult to cross, maybe that is why no one except Naveen ever found this place.
After half an hour and a few minutes they both reached a small meadow, with a lake at the end. Under the moonlight, the lake's water seemed to glow, the moonlight was giving a silvery rings to every object it could touch. This was a beautiful place, a special place. But Naina failed to understand why Rajveer had brought her here?

"Naveen found this place and soon it became our hangout place, just two of us. One day when after a drill, we were sitting here we made a promise, although it was just for fun at that time I thought to fulfill it on behalf of Naveen." Rajveer said, with his eyes trained on the meadow. His mind was replaying so many memories but every one of them had one thing in common, Naveen.
"What promise sir? " Naina asked quietly, fearing to disturb the serene atmosphere that this meadow had.
"Naveen promised to bring his sister here, the person he loved the most. Then he asked me to the same but as I do not have any sister, I promised him that I would bring here the girl I would love the most. You know, I was forced to promise that because of Naveen's stubbornness." adding a light chuckle at the end, Rajveer grew silent, just enjoying the silence with Naina beside him.
"You fulfilled promise on his behalf? " Rajveer's silence was the answer.

From somewhere fireflies came out, flying here and there with their golden glow. Smiling Naina just remembered how Naveen used to tell her that one thing he loved about KMA was it's green environment, which was full of fireflies, that are quiet rare in cities. This was the first time she had ever seen them, but this was the most beautiful scene her eyes have ever saw.

Rajveer was feeling happy, why he was confused, maybe because he fulfilled one of Naveen's promise, maybe because he made his cadet smile, maybe because he made his best friend's sister smile or maybe because he made Naina smile?

He was confused but didn't give it much thought because he wanted to enjoy the moment. The one thing they both failed to notice was their connected hands. Naina, drowned in beauty and serenity and Rajveer thinking about his friend. Maybe today he fulfilled one of the promises made that day.
But only time will tell, whether Rajveer fulfilled only Naveen's promise or his promise also....

A/n
This chapter was just about Rajveer and Naina.... I wasn't going to update at first, because I am extremely tired and wanna sleep right now but who can say no to LRL.... 😁 especially when the chapter is about Naina and Rajveer....
Anyways, tell me what do you feel about this update....