XV

"Let's Vote... for Antakshri?"

No one cared who said this but instantly raised their hands up, and the votes were counted, which was not a big deal, because there were only two hands to count. Rajveer and Naina. After this there was no need to ask for the other one. It was clear they were outnumbered by many votes. Slowly Ali also raised his hand, but quickly whispered to Pooja when she stared at him with confusion, "It doesn't matter if I vote with them, at least they wont feel bad, that no one wants to play their choice of game."

The fun evening was also planned, with everything decided everyone started to retire to their respective rooms, teachers were first to leave followed by all cadets. Naina was also going to leave but was stopped by Rajveer, however this small thing didn't go unnoticed by Huda, who wanted to walk Naina to her room, but was asked to leave before lights out.

"I am happy that you chose this responsibility. But may I ask why ? I mean at first you didn't raise your hand then after some thinking you initiated. It means that your volunteering has a reason, what is it?" Rajveer asked Naina as soon as everyone was gone and they were the only one left in his room. This was  a question bugging him since afternoon, and he really wanted to know the answer but didn't want to disturb Naina, as she was so busy with the preparations.

"You are right, I volunteered for, not one but many reasons. First being, it will obviously help in my grades, improve my image in front of Brigadier, and moreover someone told me yesterday that teachers have loads of work to do. I just didn't want to add the preparations on their to-do list." Naina smiled at the end, but that smile hid the real reasons she volunteered. She knew that Rajveer won't be happy to know them, that is why she decided to hide them. Being the supervisor of the Preparations, she had access to many parts of KMA without any questions being asked. Moreover, if she was going to go tomorrow somewhere with Captain, then nobody would ask her where she was going, she would be free to go. Naina just went from Captain's room, leaving behind a smiling Rajveer, who now liked this side of Naina more than the serious one.

Next morning, Naina was standing at the gates, ready for some answers, and waiting for Captain to arrive, when the guard came and handed her over a piece of paper, saying someone asked him to give this to her, without revealing his identity.

Don't go in that jeep. Ask him to take another one.  - N

Again this N was trying to tell Naina something, but what. Was it really necessary to be so cryptic? couldn't this person say whatever he or she wanted to say clearly? Seeing Captain arriving Naina hid the paper and asked "Can we take another jeep?"

Rajveer was proud of Naina's punctuality, maybe it was in her blood. Naveen was also so punctual, never late for anything. But one more thing she had common with Naveen was asking cryptic questions, without any explanations. "No, Naina now sit in the car, we need to reach there soon, so that we can arrive here on time." Rajveer said sitting in driver's seat.

Naina chose to ignore the message, because right now the answers were more important and no message or threat could stop her from getting them. The gates were opened, allowing the Captain to go to a place, where no one could hear his secrets except from Naina. The car's speed was slow, not a normal speed that Rajveer drove. He knew that driving slow wont stop Naina from getting her answers, but at least it could delay the situation.

The truck was coming towards the jeep that had a KMA sticker on a side. Nothing unusual, a truck was common on this road, but one thing which wasn't common was it's high speed and the breaks of the jeep. No matter how hard or how many times Rajveer pushed the break but it failed to do its job, it failed to stop the jeep.

"Sir, what is happening?" Naina asked in a alarmed voice. "Naina, calm down. Just calm down." Rajveer didn't know what else to say. "Sir, are we going to die? Why are looking not-so-calm?" Naina asked in a low voice after a few moments when the truck was nearer, if the breaks didn't do its job right now, then no one could save them. The road was not so wide that could prevent the crash.