XII

Thank you
That's what Naina decided to say. Just two words, she would say as soon as Captain opens the door. She knocked lightly on the door, she was here to thank him and to know about what she has to do, while she was assigned to him. Rajveer, opened the doors, a little bit shocked to see Naina standing in front of his door, Her uniform covered in mud a little bit here and there. He knew that today's evening drill was just for first year cadets, to test till what extent they can suffer. This drill was created by Major Nair and Brigadier, himself. Although he was also asked about this drill, but he knew that his opinion wasn't taken into consideration, that is why this was carried on, he clearly stated that this drill wasn't for them. They were not ready for this, but no one listened to him.
"How was the drill? " he asked the cadet.
"Thank you. " Naina said as soon as door was opened but sadly it wasn't the answer of what Captain asked, meaning she had to explain her thanking and say Thank you once again.
"That's not the answer I was expecting. There is no need to thank me for the drill. It was all Major Nair's doing. Thank him if you want to." Captain knew that she wasn't thanking him for that. No one would thank for a drill, but still he liked to joke around her.
Naina was at loss of words but decided to explain why was she thanking him. 
"Actually I wanted to thank you because of what you said to my friends to clear the misunderstandings and also because you didn't disclose my secret to anyone. "
"There is no need to Thank me cadet. I was just doing what was necessary at the moment and don't worry about your secret, that is safe with me as long for promise to perform well, and become a great soldier just like your brother." Rajveer knew he would never tell anyone Naina's secret, no matter what the circumstances will be but it didn't harm him or her to promise something that is for her own good.
Captain Rajveer's statement told Naina that he didn't think Naveen as a traitor, or else he wouldn't have asked her to become like him. Even if there was a little bit of doubt in mind of Naina regarding Captain Rajveer then it had washed away. She decided to start afresh with him, at least from her side. She will not hold any grudges or any preopinions, just let time guide her relationship with her new teacher.
"Yes sir. " she said with determination. "And Cadet tell everyone to report to their respective teachers tomorrow at 0500 hours sharp. And you will report right here. If someone asks any of you then you all are helping out your teachers with daily work." Rajveer reminded her of the punishment they are yet to receive.
"Captain are you ready? " Dr. Mishra was just came and looked at the cadet standing here even after lights out. Naina and Rajveer failed to notice that they were supposed to be somewhere. Naina in her room and Rajveer on a date with Dr. Mishra, set up by Shalini. She tried to hard to set up Rajveer with her, always trying to arrange dates and teasing both of them. But still Rajveer didn't feel something for her. He liked to thought the dates as friendly ones but he knew dr. Mishra, had a completely different opinion. She never failed to express the fact that she liked him, to Rajveer's great dismay. He was a very introvert person, and flaunting his relationships and emotions weren't the things on his to do list. Maybe that was the one reason he didn't like her.

"Cadet Singh, what are you doing here? " Dr. Mishra asked suspiciously, "Actually, I asked her to report me about the drill. I just wanted to know what they felt about it. " Rajveer answered before Naina could tell her the truth, but the lie Rajveer said just confused Naina. It was no secret that they were at party and were now being punished, at least most of the faculty knew. So what was the problem with Dr. Mishra knowing it.

On her way back to room, after wishing both of her teachers great evening, Naina couldn't help but think of rumors that Dr. Mishra and Captain Rajveer dating or seeing each other. Even if there was a little bit truth in those, then why didn't Captain trust Dr. Mishra enough to tell this little secret. Trust was the base of every relationship, even friendship.

Captain and Doctor both were out of her mind when Naina saw plants of rose on her bed, her table, her floor, in a nut shell, in her whole room. It looked like someone has uprooted the plants from garden and placed them here.
"Cadet Singh, since when were you into collecting Roses? And even if you are, then why are you collecting whole plants, and that too from academy grounds? " Ms. Lolita asked the surprised cadet, she was waiting for the cadet to arrive because she knew by the strong fragrance of roses that the plants Suri ji was trying to find were in the room. She was reminded how Suri ji was putting lost posters with plants name around the canteen. He really loved plants but less than Ms. Lolita and his food but still enough to manage some time to give them names. This memory made her smile, but she was fast enough to put on a cold mask before the cadet could notice.
To say Naina was shocked, would be understatement of the century. A room full of flowers she was allergic to, wasn't something she would wish for in thousand years.
Ms. Lolita entered the room, seeing that Cadet Singh made no movement,and picked up the card lying on the bed. It was a beautiful Sorry card, with name of Cadet Huda on it. Ms. Lolita just asked Naina if she knew anything about it and her answer was enough to make Lolita believe that Naina was innocent because wardens had a complete file of the cadets which even contained information about their allergies, so she was well aware that Naina would never ask for Roses.
In no time Cadet Huda was out of his bed and had a great scolding by Suri ji. He was given an extra punishment for the next day along with the previous one, and that was not something Huda liked.