XXXIV

Naina came out of the hostel when Aalekh told her that he wanted to talk about something important. She was confused to see him there as it was past lights-out and no one was supposed to be out.
"Naina, I wanted to ask you something." he seemed a little hesitant, however when Naina stayed silent, he continued, "Do you, you know, like Captain sir?" "Yeah, everyone does." she answered. "Not in that way." he was failing miserably in asking her the question. "Then in which way?" Naina, understood what he was trying to ask, but she wasn't ready to answer that question. She wasn't even sure of her own feelings then how could she answer him.

"Do you really, like from heart, think me of your brother?"

"Ofcourse, what kind of question is that."

"Okay, then tell me what you are thinking right now." Aalekh clearly knew what he was doing or trying to do.

"Well, I was thinking about Rajveer sir, he told me that Dr.Ritu was going to tell the name of the mastermind but at the end moment she fell asleep. His plan was so good, we could have reached the main criminal. You know, he was really worried at first but after all he is Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat, he always have a plan ready. He hopes that this one would work, I hope so too. I have never seen him sad that his one plan failed, he always have a back-up plan. I really like that thing. He..."

"Naina, can we talk about something else than Captain sir?" he tried to change the topic, deliberately.

"Sure, actually I was thinking of meeting Naveen Bhaiya again, tomorrow maybe. It would be so good to hear about his and Captain sir KMA days. I would like to know how he was during those days. And I would love to hear about Captain..." Naina was stopped by Aalekh, once again.

"Naina, Black."

"What?" she was confused about why Aalekh was naming some random colour.

"What comes to your mind when I say colour Black?" he made his question clearer this time.

"It is Captain sir's third favourite colour." she said without thinking.

"Naina, you are in love." Aalekh finally concluded, and continued, "You can't stop talking about him, and unconsciously you connect everything to him. So, it is crystal clear that you are in love."

"Aalekh are you out of your mind?" she rolled her eyes, showing her disinterest in the topic but Aalekh's conclusion got her thinking about it. "I do not connect everything to him." she added. "Really? You met your brother after so many years and the first thing you wanna do is ask him about Captain. You can't stop praising him, and you know is his favourite colour's list." Aalekh pointed out whatever she said previously. "No, that's not true." but Naina knew that it was. "Then why didn't you say that black reminds you of.... death?" after thinking a little Aalekh asked her, as most of the people would connect black to death or elegancy. "Maybe I am not a negative person?" that sounded like a question, Naina wasn't sure why she talked to Aalekh, now she was caught in his web of questions. She knew that he had figured out her feelings before her but she needed time to think about it.

"Naina, action speaks louder than words. Whatever you just said, let's ignore it. But how can we ignore the glares you gave to Dr.Ritu when she was getting engaged to Captain. How can we ignore the fact that you broke every rule of KMA to save him? How can we ignore the way you both looked at each other when you danced that night? How can you ignore your feelings Naina?" stopping for a moment Aalekh thought that maybe that was too much for Naina. She wasn't sure how she felt and here he was, literally forcing her to accept her love for her teacher. "Naina, just think about it."

Aalekh turned around, and walked a little distance when Naina said, "Aalekh, I thought about it. You are right. " with a broad smile on her face she whispered, "I am in love" then a little louder, "I am in love Aalekh." running towards him she hugged him tightly, silently thanking him to help her figure out her feelings. "You are right Aalekh, I am in love with Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat." she repeated it all over again. Whatever Aalekh pointed out was true. She did feel jealous when she saw Dr.Ritu with Rajveer, she did feel another level of comfort when she talked to him, it was like she could talk to him about everything and anything. She did feel different when they went to Point of 1858, she did share romantic moments with him like the dance and when they both would be lost in each other's eyes. When she thought he was kidnapped, she knew she could fight the world if that could save her Captain. She couldn't fathom her world without him. And if all of this wasn't love, then she wondered what was?