"We'll be okay, Mikey." I pat his shoulder, hoping that what I said is true and will happen.

Summer's POV

Looking at Calum right now, at the state that he is in, is making me really frustrated. I have no idea what to do, or how can I help him in this tough time.

I reached for his hand and gave it a little squeeze.

"Please be okay soon." I breathed. "I need you, we need you." 

I looked at his wounded but still angelic face. Wishing that no more panic attacks will bother him, that peace will finally take over and not anything that can cause him pain.

Then I wondered, what if our paths never crossed? What if I didn't run to him and from Justin? What if I just listened to Justin instead? Will it change everything? Will Calum be safe? Will he be somewhere else instead of the hospital bed right at this moment?

Is all of this my fault?

The sound of the door opening distracted me from my thoughts. I turned to see Luke and Michael entering the room.

"We bought you something to eat." Michael says. "Please eat."

"Thanks, Mikey."

I gently let go of Calum's hand, but he immediately held it back before I can even stand. My eyes darted on our hands before looking at his brothers who are also surprised.

"Don't go." He said lowly.

I looked at Calum whose eyes is closed, but his hand is gently squeezing mine.

I sat down again and placed my free hand above his hand that is holding mine. "I won't."

I watched Calum's chest, slowly beating up and down as he breathes. I wanted to cry, to just let everything out of my system, but I can't be weak while beside him. I need to be strong for him, for us.

"Get some rest." My head turned to sound, it's Luke on his phone. "You need to rest too, you know."

"I'm okay."

Luke placed his phone down and turned his attention to me. "I'm not in for an argument, Summer." Luke shot his brow at me.

"The feeling is mutual, Lucas." I grinned. "I'm okay in here."

"It's been a long day, huh?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "Very long and exhausting day."

"Do you remember anything?" Luke asked. "Something new?"

"Not really." I shake my head in disappointment.

"Do you want me to tell you a story?"

"About what?"

Luke shifted in his seat to a more comfortable position.