Chapter 4

I got myself together. I tried pulling out of the hold he had me in and failed. I couldn't take it. I was getting claustraphobic. I felt everyone watching me. Then, I remembered. I had to get home. I had to be there before my dad. I had too.

"Please, Luke, let me go!" I said despritely with fear.

"First, you have to tell me what the hells going on" He said, determined.

"Why? You already can see most of it! I need to go Luke!" I said, removing my arms from around his neck. He loosened his grip from around my waist. He took one hand and lifted my chin up, forcing me to look into his eyes.

"I'm not stupid. Now, what is going on here? Who the hell have been doing this to you?" He asked, with anger edging up.

"It's nothing." I said hesitating and backing out of his grip. I kept backing up, listening to the mumbles of all of those who care. I looked around, some were serverly pissed, all were worried. I stopped and picked up my jacket. Luke closed the gap between us and traced the scar on my lip. He grabbed my hand and looked down. I knew he was thinking of something. It's what he does. He pulls me close and wraps me in a hug.

"I love you. I never stopped. I never will. Please let me help you" He says pleadingly. I felt a hand on my back, drawing circles. Next thing I know, there are arms and hands all around me, and I'm being swallowed up by love. I cry.

"We all want to help." Lydia says, hurt.

"It's only cause we love you." Will whispers.

Never have I realized how much all really care about me. Maddie, Lydia, Luke, Will, Ally, Jess, Taylor, Sidney, Mikaela, Jenny, Lee, Christian, Wayne, gunnar, and many other people. They were always here for me. All of them were.

Or maybe not. As my dad puts it; they ain't here, never was or never will be. They just want to throw him im jail, so I will be forced to live with my mother. they just want to  make my like a living hell.

A living hell. Friends equal hell. Love is for pussy's. Being there never means or meant anything.

I remember my dad beathing that into me. Multiple times. Each hit, each blow, each fall to the ground. Day after day. Over and over. And over again.

As the group hug fell apart, I start to believe that even more. They are gonna get me killed. I need to find a way out of here without them knowing, which is close to impossible. Luke grabs my and and pulls me close as we walk toward the fire they have started to build.

My guess is that they were kidnapping me for the night too. Nobody is getting worried about time or anything, considering there is a certain time that the gate closes, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants to pay 50 bucks just to leave. While thinking of this, it hits me. My bike is still here, in it's hiding place from the other month when I was here.

Someone pulls out a radio and turns it on. Music starts flowing through the night air. My craizer friends start stripping off some of their clothes and go skinny dipping. Others strip down to bikini's or trunks. I have to leave.

I look around at my surroundings, Lydia's dancing with Sid, Lee, and Jess. Taylor goes and joins them and Will jumps in randomly. I squeeze Luke's hand and say

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom" and flash him a smile.

"Okay," he says and kisses my cheek. i can tell he doesn't want to let go, becuase he holds onto me as long as he can. I causally make my way across the grass, hoping nobody would follow or be there. I slip around the corner, quietly walking into the bathroom to check and make sure nobody else is here.