Chapter 15

Walking back inside of the cave toward Aiden and the embers, I became more eager to hear the Unspoken Prophecy. What happens in the Unknown with the man and the little boy was unclear. Staring at the embers, she wondered what else it held; not with just Aiden, but with her too. 

"Are you ready, my lady?" Aiden asked, waving his hand in the air moving the embers around.

"Of course," I replied, not taking my eyes off the embers but for only a slight second to look at Aiden. They moved back into motion of words and pictures along the cavern and continued to amaze me.

The roar of the fire was starting to catch up with them. The man started to swear. The little boy, still turned around, was calm as ever. He knew his life was going to end soon; it was going to become something bigger than he could think of. The man started using magic, conjugating a storm to help calm the fire down. With it only being meters away, they needed it. They were nowhere out of the Unknown, for it stretch for thousands and thousands of miles apart. The little boy did what he could; he let the man know where the roar was, how far away it was, how big it was. 

Finally, once the storms finally calmed the roar of the fire down, they escaped and took refuged in a cave made in the side of the mountain. The little boy ran inside, making a fire with the magic his father taught him when he was little. The man stayed at the mouth of the cave, waiting for the fire. As instructed, the little boy stayed back far enough not to get hurt. 

"If something happens, I need you to run that way." The man told the little boy pointed toward the left. "As soon as you leave the cage, I need you to cast a spell. It'll enchant the Unknowns with dark magic that you control. Everybody is expecting the both of us to come out. I have a strange feeling it's only going to be you. Use the levitating spell on yourself, cast the 'Übel" spell. Don't be afraid. Once you cast it, run. Run for your life." 

Once all was said, the little boy was sent to the back of the cave into the shadows. This way, if the man were to be defeated, he would be out of sight and safe. Hours passed with nothing happening. He sat crossed legged and hushed whispered 'schweben,' making himself levitate. He'd move himself and practice, getting ready for what was to come. 

The embers then showed the fight of the fire and the man. It was long and hard for the man. He fought his best; he would bring the roar down enough to where he could have defeated it, if he had enough strength. In the end, though, he finally fell down on his knees and begged for mercy. It was as if he knew he was not going to be shown mercy. The fire decided to make it quick and then, he fell down. 

The mans eyes turned glassy with water. The fire decided to back away and it disappeared, leaving the Unknown. The little boy waited for what seemed like an eternity. He stepped out from the shadows hesitantly at first. Once he figured he was safe, he ran to the man. His last dying breaths were still there, but his soul had already lifted itself away into the universe. 

Finding the strength, he lifted the man on his shoulders and whispered the words "schweben" and lifted him and the man up. He drifted out of the cave, slowly and then once he came out into the open he did what he was asked. 

"Übel," He chanted loud. Dark clouds came rolling in, thunder crashed in the distance gaining up on him. Lightning struck everywhere. Quickly, he set off. He brushed the tree tops, birds flew away from the Unknown, animals ran in all directions. He never once stopped. He kept going. After a full day, he was still going.

Everything changed. The spikes turned poisonous; the trees grew evil and wicked. They would drag anything and everything under to their doom unless they were carrying the dark magic. 

Once he got to the edge of the Unknowns, he slowly set himself and the man down. Rain poured all around. The lightning and thunder decreased as the spells wore off. The rain kept going. He set the man down and kneel beside him. Members of the Council stepped forward, out of the village boundaries in the black cloaks. They seen the man and stopped dead cold.

A woman, not much older the man, was crying. She came by and grabbed the little boys shoulders and guided him away from the tragic event.

This is where is story begun.

The embers slowly stopped moving and moved back to the fire. I stared at the wall where they had just danced, and pondered many things.

"That's part of the Unspoken Prophecy that's unspoken. Nobody knows that story but me. Now, you." Aiden said, simply. 

"Well, what happens next?" She asked egerly.

"I went to the Acadmy. I studied and was the best wizard of all time. Once I read the second part of the prophecy, I then knew what I had to do. The council knew too, but they had no idea I would figure it out. I set out on a quest to find you. I did. We came back to the Academy and then you went home after classes let out on day, and you died. That's how I knew for sure to wait for you to come back. That's why I was there that night, because I knew you'd find me."

I took it all in. The memories of my studies came back to me. The spells, potions, crafts, everything. I was a witch, and the only people who knew at my village was Kole, Violet, and Grandfather. Kole and Violet, they were apart of this. I taught them what I knew, they were going to help me. We were not going to fight against evil. We were not going to fight against good. We were going to fight against both.

As if Aiden read my mind, which I'm pretty sure he could, he said "Don't worry. In due time, we'll go back for them. They'll meet us on our way." With a smirk on his face.

"Now what?" I asked.

"Now, I refresh your memory on sword fighting, enchantments, and spell casting." 

"Wicked." I smirked, getting up and walked to the mouth of the cave.

VIOLET"S P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning, before sunrise, so I could go see Ivory. I put my hide dress on and fixed my hair in a braid. Today, we were going to show her something special. I got my sash of bows and put them on, grabbed my bow and hooked it on my sash. Draping my cloak on my head to block myself from the rain, I stepped outside to go meet Kole. He wore his leather and had his sword by his side.

Together, we made a plan on how we were going to get her out and take her. Surely, they would show us some mercy and let her come with.

We walked toward her hut. The village was quiet, except for a few elders who were doing their duties. We got to the entrance and pushed back the drape. Everyone but her grandfather was still asleep. He nodded at us, giving us permission to enter her room. 

We walked in and it was empty. Her drape was pushed back, her shoes were still here, and everything else was. It was like she just got us and left.

Her grandfather walked in behind us. He put his hand on our shoulders and squeezed them for encouragement. We all three knew what this meant.

War was on its way.

It was our time to leave.