F O R T Y F I V E

Shawn:

I slammed my hockey stick into the puck sending it flying into the goal net. I repeated the same motions with the rest of the pucks aligned in a row for practice.

"You still go it Mendes" My old coaches voice congratulated

I smiled, I haven't played hockey in so long! We both got off the ice, re discussing the strategies for the game. I felt a soft hand on my shoulder and turned my head to see Annabeth.

"Hey babe" I wrapped my arm over her shoulder

She rocked her head side to side mouthing something. I realized she had her headphones on and I took them off her, letting them slide onto her neck.

"Death of the bachelor" she sang with a smirk

"Uh, great? Whos getting married?" I joked

She laughed and went back to sit on the bleachers. She slipped on her headphones again and scrolled on her phone. You couldn't tell she was sick, she looked perfectly healthy.

"You hit the jackpot with her lad"

I turned to my couch, letting out a light laugh.

"I know"

~*~

"GO SHAWN!!!" everyone around me shouted as we walked out of the locker area

Our team had won the seasons last game! My friends and hockey mates all cheered about our success. I looked around, scanning the crowd for Annabeth. I felt two small hands on my face, they pulled me down causing my lips to press against there's. I recognized them as Anna's and kissed back.

I pulled away and she smiled, wiping the beads of sweat dripping down my face with a towel. Sometimes I wonder how in the world I ever got this far! I was able to slip off my hockey jacket, handing it to a shuddering Annabeth. We were still close to the ice and she was shivering. She took the jacket unheasitantly and kissed my cheek.

"I've got a surprise for you" I whispered

She looked up at me strangely but was pulled away by Gloria and Aaliyah who had teamed up on her to go get something from the snack bar. As she was dragged away, I smiled at the words on her back. The sweater read 'Mendes'....

I want there to be a day where that's real...

Maybe one day, in my imagination.....

I was suddenly stabbed in the heart. There wasn't going to be a time where she would be able to be called "Mrs. Mendes"..... She would be to dead for that....

"Hey Shawn come on!" Dante shouted, snapping me out of my paining thoughts

"Coming buddy!"

~*~

"Alright Anna, just step over the threshold..." I guided Anna into the house, leaving the lights dimmed

"Shawn what's going on?" she questioned, stumbling slightly as I led her to the living room

"Now!"

The lights were flickered on, the blind fold was removed, and streams were strung up everywhere.

"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted

Annabeth stumbled back into me and I steadied her out as she examined the room, taking in the moment.

"Hey your Annabeth! Im Jacob nice to meet you!" Jacob Sartorius introduced, shaking Annabeth's hand and hugging her

Anna turned to me as Jacob walked away to join Cameron

"Th-that was Jacob" she stuttered

"This is where the last things on your bucket list get to be crossed off" I smiled

She squealed with excitement before going and meeting all the Magcon boys. I could tell she couldn't contain her excitement as she jumped on Cameron's back and made screamed as he ran around with her.

She was happy. Any negative thoughts couldn't get to me because she was happy. That's all that mattered.... She was happy.... She was enjoying herself, not worrying about the last moments of her life. She was positive, and I should be too...

"Shawn join us!" she shouted from across the room, bent over Cameron in a game of twister

"Left foot blue!" Mathew laughed

Annabeth began to show off, going into a hand stand and flexing over Jack J

"Oh and what a hand stand from Annabeth, flaunt them gymnast move girl" Taylor laughed

"Hold up guys! Im joining in!"

~*~

Annabeth:

I painted a little bit more of the painting. Several weeks ago the teacher asked us to paint from deep in the heart, to not know what were painting but to just feel it. I drew the empty silhouette of a girl holding her knees to her chest surrounded by a dark forest. The assignment was already graded and I had already brought it home, but everyday I added more to it...

I filled in a little bit of the girl everyday with red and black streaks of paint. What did the painting really mean? Well, it showed the process of my death. The more the girl was filled, the more it showed how much I was slipping away. So far only half of the girl was painted, and I was glad.

Muffins barked at my room door as it opened to show a grinning Gloria. I smiled back at her as she mouthed a 'Hi'. I set my paint brush down and wiped my painted hands on a towel.

"Why so happy Glory?" I asked, stepping over to my bed and hugging her

"Well... Dante asked me to go to prom with him!" she squealed

"Prom.. Wow" I said, acting as if I was shocked

"I know isn't it exciting?! Has Shawn asked you yet?" she asked eagerly

"Uh no.. And I really don't want to go to be honest" I sighed

"What why not?" she asked, completely let down

"I just... Shawn just submitted his songs to Andrew and hes going to New York soon for recording. I don't want to distract him from his job" I explained, staring down at Muffins as I stroked her fur

"Anna Im sure it wont be a bother to him" Gloria reassured

"Yeah I don't know Glory. Maybe next time" I shrugged

Gloria's breathing hitched and I knew why...

There may not be a next time huh?

~*~

Hold On is coming to an end.... Soon... Maybe in a couple chapters depending..... WHYYYYYY AGHHHHIGIEHD FEHWRFUHRWPOGH psofv  *takes in a deep breath* Alright, I can breath.... Good Night or Morning or Afternoon wherever you are!