T H I R T Y F O U R

Shawn:

Annabeth was taken out of school early today, said she wasn't feeling well. I was becoming more and more concerned as the days trudged on and both Annabeth and Dante looked sleepless. This was getting way to out of hand.

I needed to make sure she was okay. I needed to find out why she was acting the way she was. And also Dante, he wasn't doing well either. And the fact that they act like nothings wrong concerns me.

I was deep in my thoughts at the lunch bench that I didn't realize it when someone walked to the table and sat across from me.

"Hi Shawn"

I jumped and looked up, realizing I was face to face with Nancy.

"Oh! Uh, h-hi Nancy" I stuttered, pulling my bearings together

"Wheres Annabeth?" she asked, looking around

I began to get this sudden uneasy feelin gin my gut. Its probably all the nonsense Anna has put into my head about Nancy. We should give everybody a chance! But I wondered why Annabeth would want to stay away from an old friend?

"Annabeth had an appointment" I said, biting into my sandwich

She nodded her head.

"Yeah she used to go to those all the time. Has she showed you how to catch people up in trees yet?"

I looked up at Nancy with the most confused expression I could ever have on my face. She laughed and shook her head.

"She hasn't showed you her pranks yet? Well dang, I thought an Ex like you would have known!" she declared

My stomach twisted at the words Ex

"Im not her ex, and no Annabeth hasn't pulled any pranks that ive known of" I clearified

Why would Nancy think I was Annabeths ex? Was that what she told her?

"Oh! I thought you were just another one of Annabeths Exs." Nancy shrugged

Wait... Another of Annabeths Exs? I didn't know she had anybosy else before me... I don't think Dante counts...

"Ex's?"

Nancy looked at me completely confused

"Yeah she just picks up a boy, dates them for awhile, has sex and dumps them" she explained

My breathing suddenly hitched. Annabeth... No, Annabeth wouldn't do that.. She wasn't that type of girl, Nancy was just making this up.. There was no proof.

"I know you probably think its not true but it is! I have video proof to show it!"

I watched as Nancy pulled out her phone and pressed the play button. I watched as Annabeth and Maxs forms filled the screen. Annabeth was flirting with some boy, I could tell it was her becaue of the glasses. She just pressed her lips on the boys and walked away, Max cowering behind and following closly.

It changed to Annabeth shoving someone to the ground and walking away with Max who was constantly looking over her shoulder. I watched as it changed to a party scene where they all seemed to be drinking and again, Max was cowering behind Annabeth.

Annabeth was kissing different boys, drinking drinks and not acting like herself at all. I paused the video and gave Nancy her phone back, not wanting to see anymore.

"Yeah, Annabeth used to be a partier. Hopping from boy to boy." Nancy sighed, slipping her phone into her pocket

The bell rang and Nancy stood up.

"Bye Shawn"

And I just watched as Nancy walked into the school building. That wasn't Annabeth.. But it was. That couldn't have been, but it is! Annabeth would never jump from guy to guy... But she had.

I had to talk with her

~*~

Annabeth:

I was given my treatment medicine and laid dow non the couch, turning on the TV to find that Sherlock was on. I was inraveled in the first episode but my eyes began to droop, I was tired. I haven't slept much, I needed.

I felt myself slowly slip into a sleep, Yes Annabeth this is what you need. Sleep...

Sleep...

Sleep...

~*~

"Annabeth, Shawns here!" I heard a voice call out

My eyes jolted open and I sat up. Shawn entered the living room, a anxious and worried look on his face. I rubbed my eyes to wake them up a bit, tey were still droopy.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" Shawn asked, messing with the end of his shirt

He was nervous about something.

"Uh, no its fine im awake." I replied

"Oh okay well um.. Can I, talk to you outside for a minute?" he asked worriedly, looking around as if to make sure no one was around

"Yeah, sure babe" I responded, becoming worried about him

I got up and he elad me outside into the backyard where the pool was. It was getting dark out which ment I slept several hours.

"Okay uh.. How do I ask this..." Shawn asked himself, running his hand through his hair

"Ask me what?"

Shawn sighed and looked at me from head to toe, which made me wonder... Had I done something wrong?

"Annabeth, were there... Others, before me?" Shawn blurted out

"Others? Like did I have other boyfriends before you?" I asked, what was this all about?

"Y-yeah"

"Uh, you cant count Dante cause we were never in a relationship but.. No, ive never had a boyfriend. Your my first" I explained

"Why?"

Shawn looked around nervously again before speaking

"I just.. Nancy showed me something today an-"

I groaned and crossed my arms

"Shawn I told you not to listen to her! Not to talk to her, or anything!"

"Why not?! That's what I don't understand Annabeth! You wont explain to me why and then I find out the hard way!" Shawn suddenly shouted which caused me to jump slightly

"Nancy showed me what you used to do back in London. She told me about your many ex's, about how you just hook up with them and then dump em! She was going to start talking about how you used to pull pranks in school but the bell rang. I thought I was special, I thought I was your first!"

I stared at him blankly. Nancy was doing it... She was making me look bad... She was turning Shawn away from me and soon, everyone I loved.

"Shawn you are my first, believe me" I said softly, putting my hand on his shoulder which caused him to wack it off

"No.. No, just...." Shawn began

He just turned on his heels and walked out the gate of the backyard. I just stood there, all alone in the backyard. Our first fight as a couple.. Because of one stupid girl who doesn't know when to quit!

What happened to her was in the past and yet she had to hunt me down from London to get revenge. She used to be my bestfriend, Nancy...

But then she turned her backs on us, killing us each off. She had it coming to her. Im going to get to the bottom of this..

~*~

560 reads!?! WHATTTTT! Thanks so much guys! I love you all, hope you know that! Remember the deadline for the Covers Contest is 3/24/17! If you have any friends that would be interested in joining the contest or even maybe like reading the book, don't be afraid to tag them or share it! Again, love you all!