E I G H T

Annabeth:

I got into Shawn's passenger side of his car. He asked me to do a favor for him. Help his little sister with a problem apparently he didn't have the answer to. I said I would help because duh, I have nothing else to do today AND he bought me breakfast this morning. I could careless about my hair, it just curled right back up. He got into his driver side, a look of accomplishment on his face which was really weird.

"Be prepared for anything at my house" he said cautiously as we drove down the street

I laughed and looked out the window, a truck zoomed by us causing me to suddenly sink my nails into my bag and squeeze my eyes shut.

*Flashback*

"Vincent watch out!" Mum yelled as the car skid

I braced myself against Aiden's car seat as an impact hit the side of the car. It flipped several times, jerking me left to right. Before I knew it, there it was. That dark, cold stuff.

Water....

*Flashback ends*

"Annabeth you okay?" I heard Shawn ask as I shot my eyes open and looked around

I realized I had been breathing heavily and my nails hurt from how hard I was clutching my bag. We were at a stop light and Shawn had a complete expression of worry on his face. I looked around and saw the truck beside us. It wasn't going anywhere. It wasn't barreling at us to hit the car, we weren't going to die.

"Annabeth" Shawn repeated causing me to look at him

"Green light" I said, looking out the window again

I shuddered. These mini panic attacks are getting worse. These memory flashes don't help either. The car began to move again, and I just stayed silent. If I had to explain to Shawn that I had a mini panic attack, he was going to ask questions that are better left unasked. We eventually pulled up to Shawn's two story house, it was big but not to big, just enough like a normal house... Unlike my cousins excessively huge house and my home back in London. I swear I get lost in those places. We got out of the car and I looked around. There was a basketball hoop hanging above the garage door and a basketball near my feet. It wouldn't hurt, right? I picked up the ball, aimed, and shot. The ball swished in the net before falling out an bouncing in Shawn's direction.

"Nice shot!" he said impressed

"Thank you" I said, bowing which seemed abnormal for me to bow

He laughed and I followed him to the front door which he unlocked.

"Aaliyah?" he shouted into the house which seemed still

Nothing happened. Not even a stir. Oh wait, I take it back, something behind the flowerpot moved.

"Chester!" Shawn cooed as the calico cat slipped out from behind the pot and walked to him

I giggled as the cat walked in and out of my ankles, purring up against me.

"Aww, hello there Chester" I cooed, picking him up and kissing his nose

Shawn practically giggled as I continued to baby the cat.

"Did you grow up with just cats?" I asked, putting Chester down

Chester made a dash for the kitchen and I shook my head at how crazy cats could be at times

"Well yeah, you know I'm allergic to dogs, which is a shame" he said, dropping his backpack onto the couch

"That's funny cause I grew up In a house full of dogs. Literally my grandmother has like five corgis" I said with a laugh, dropping my bag on the floor near the door