E L E V E N

Annabeth:

I sat there... In my god forsaken wheel chair. Thank god this was the last class. Dante had wheeled me in and dashed out so he could make it to his next class. The teacher asked me if I was okay and I just brushed her off. I was NOT in the mood. I wen t up to my canvas and stared at it. I had the template out, now I just needed to put it up and begin drawing the outline. I leaned back to admire what I had so far. It wasn't much, but I was going to finish it last. The bell rang and everybody in art class began to settle down. To my left was Sam, I knew his name cause well.. Everyone knew each others name. To my left was Toby. Both were new like me, but I had maddd skills. Not to brag or anything.

"Hey Annabeth" Sam said lowly

"Hey Sam" I said weakly

"Hey you okay?" he asked

I smiled. He didn't immediately ask about the wheel chair, he waited for me to actually respond.

"Well, I could be better" I said with a laugh

He chuckled lightly.

"What's that on your head?" he asked, pointing where my stitches were

"Stitches. I hit my head on the corner of my desk" I responded

See he didn't even ask about the wheel chair! He asked about everything else, its like he knew it would bug me. We chatted for awhile until Toby asked to borrow a paint brush.

"Yeah sure here" I said, giving him the one he needed

"Thanks Annabeth, hope you feel better soon!" he said before going back to work at his easel.

Toby was an interesting guy. He was foreign also, he was English actually like me. He was always actually pretty quiet.

"Hey Sam, why arnt you working on your orject?" I asked, realizing tht we were talking while everyone else painted

"I enjoy painting alone, I don't do my best around people. I come back after school to finish it" he said leaning back in the chair he was sitting in

"Same, I might just finish it at home." I said leaning back in my wheel chair

Just as the class began to finish up there works, I looked out the window and saw a black van parked at the far end of the parking lot. It rolled up behind several bushes until I couldn't see it. What was that all about? My eyes widened in sudden realization, I know who it is. And I am NOT happy. You know what Annabeth, ignore it. That life you left behind, don't be so bothered by it now. I looked down at the sketch pad Sam and I had been drawing in. The completed master piece was a girl on a swing under a willow tree.

"You're a good artist Sam" I said with a smile

"So are you Annabeth" he replied also with a smile

The bell rang and Sam grabbed his backpack. We both went out together, talking about hockey games, painting techniques, and TV shows.

"This is my locker" I said as I rolled up to it

"Well mines at the end of the hallway, see yah later Beth" he said with a smirk

"I'm going to let you get away with it just this once" I said, trying to look upset

I really couldn't be upset though. Sam's lights brown hair and hazel eyes made it practically impossible. He turned around and started walking down the hall. I turned to my locker and opened it. I began to feel pain in my head and slight dizziness. I need medicine. I grabbed my water bottle and pulled out the pain killers from the locker.