F O R T Y

Annabeth:

There, I had completed one of the things on my bucket list. Good. Now I had to talk to Shawn.. He had to find out everything, tonight. I put my clothes back on and so did Shawn, but I couldn't help but stare as the water dripped from his hair down his back and on his arms.

"Stalker" Shawn chuckled, meeting my gaze

"Not stalking, observing" I corrected, lowering my shirt over my head

He looked at me oddly, as if he saw something concerning. He has questions and I have the answers. We went back to our horses and mounted, turning around to trot back to the stables. The whole way I thought about how I was going to tell him. The reason why I moved from the palace to Canada. The fact that I even live in a fricken palace and the reaon why im so weak.

My heart was beating a million miles an hour when we unsaddled Misty and Glimmer and headed back into the palace. I lead him to the room he was staying in.. My breathing hitched when we entered. It looked just the way we left it last year. I sat down at the edge of the bed, painful memorys flooding my mind.

"Alright babe, my mind hurts from how much ive been thinking, tryna put the pieces together." He struggled, holding his head

"Well that's why im here, to answer your questions" I said with a smile

"Start with the scar on your um" he began and I immediately knew what he was talking about

I lifted my shirt and pointed at another long scar in my abdomen area.

"That one?"

"Yeah" he nodded

I took in a deep breath before beginning.

"It all started a few months before I moved to Canada... My dad he was always.. Always really stressed and worried, he had been my whole life. But as we I got older it got worse, he began to drink. He would bribe corrupt guards to follow him but keep there yaps shut. He would uhm.. He would treat us badly, me specifically. Everything was always my fault, for turning his world upside down"

Tears began to form as a memory flashed of my dad slapping me once. I was weak for a week after that.

"Max and I grew older, being able to notice how much he had drunk but the look in his eyes... We were able to protect our baby brother that way. One day, there was a different look in his eye. It was... It was more wild. He dragged us all to the car and sped off, not waiting for any of the guards of chafuerr. Before we knew it he was speeding down the bridge."

Shawns breathing hitched as I drew in another breath. He wiped my tears, his face full of concern.

"He purposely threw the car into the wrong lane. A truck came mareling toward us and ran into the side causing us to flip. We ended up falling of the bridge and the car began to sink. A pole had flown through the car and pierced me, which explain the scar.. I was able to keep conscious and unbuckle my brother seat belt but moving hurt. Max was able to get the door open and swim us both out.."

At the his point I was already sobbing, remembering the moment I saw the blood in the water. The sudden pain and shock that had coarsed through my body that moment when the pole pierced me.

"She was able to get us both out of the water. She propped me up against a tree but I would let Aiden out of my hands. She tried getting him to cough up the water. But his body was completely limp in my arms. He died right when I passed out. They did a life saving surgery, but I cant have kids. They all died, my mother, my brother.. It was just me and Max"

Shawn eyes were full of sadness and sympathy. He wrapped his arms around me and I cried into his shoulder. They were so many awful memorys.

"I moved because everthing reminded me of my family. It hurt a lot, so I left"