T H I R T Y N I N E

Shawn:

I was led to a huge closet room, different clothing aligning the walls. From tux's to pajamas, boots to dress shoes. The door behind me closed and I was left alone. I explored the tuxes, looking for the perfect one to appear in before the queen.

"Sir Shawn Mendes, welcome" I heard a familiar voice behind me

I turned and saw Max leaning against the wall, a smirk on her face. What was she doing here?

"Were you requested too?" I asked

"Yeah sure, but FWI, I would choose the one hanging right there. Let me leave you" She said with a shrug before turning and leaving out the door

I turned and looked in the direction she had pointed. There was a tux hanging on the wall, it was black with silver roses on it. I liked it, this was the one. I took it and the dress shoes and went into a small room and changed. I messed with my hair for several minutes before thinking I looked good... Enough.

I stepped out of the small room and made my way out of the ginormous closet

I stepped out of the small room and made my way out of the ginormous closet. I was immediately greeted by a butler who lead me to the throne room. I took in a deep breath before following the guards inside the throne room.

The room was big enough to be a throne room, but it just happened to be the dining room... I must've misjudged. My breathing hitched as I saw a scrawny but royally dressed sitting at the end of the table. A crown sat on her head as her red and white hair flowed from under it.

"Ah, you must be Shawn! Annabeth's boyfriend right? Come come sit!" She beckoned

How did she know I was Annabeth's boyfriend? Shawn she's the queen you doy, she knows okay. I smiled and rushed over to a chair beside her, making sure my suit didn't look bad before sitting down.

"You are a handsome young man you know that?" she complimented, placing her hand on mine

"Thank you your highness" I responded, swallowing hard

What if I say the wrong thing?! Oohhh.....

"Please, call me Elizabeth" she said, drawing her fragile hand back

"Of course, Elizabeth"

The doors to the dining room swung open to reveal a very formally dressed Annabeth. She had a black that faded into blue one strap dress and black boots. Her hair was done and she had a golden necklace. Her nails were done but what shocked me most was the crown sitting on her head.

 Her nails were done but what shocked me most was the crown sitting on her head