F I V E

Shawn:

"You actually talked to her?!" Dante exclaimed as we walked through the school halls

I had just told him of Fridays events with Annabeth. She was an excellent artist and just like I suspected, a fan. The weights were now leaning towards my side because I have established the grounds for a friendship! Oh god, I sound like a five year old trying to make friends...

"Yes I actually talked to her, why the heck do you think she came downstairs to eat with us?" I replied as we grew closer and closer to the cafeteria.

Dante gave me a "Good Point" look as we approached the double doors of the lunch room. I froze when I noticed Annabeth enter the art room, never seen her do that before.

" Alright buddy, you can talk to her later. But for now lets go eat lunch" Dante said as he grabbed a hold of my arm and dragged me along with him.

We both sat down at a table and immediately took out our lunches, this HAD to be the best part of a school day. He asked me if I was working on any new songs and I told him I HAD been writing one. Coming back to Canada and seeing Georgia reminded me of a time when Georgia's boyfriend was extremely controlling and eventually we convinced her to dump him. She was constantly saying that he was a good guy, just needed to change some stuff. Well that didn't happen did it? Well because of this memory I started writing a song I called Treat You Better. I mean there are a lot of girls going through similar or worse situations so I guess this would be a helpful song right? Our chat was interrupted by a familiar voice. We looked up and the whole cafeteria became quiet as Gloria's voice echoed through the room.

"Come on! Speak for your self! Or are you just going to stay an introvert?!" she shouted

I stood up to get a better look at who she was yelling at. Annabeth was shrunken in her seat, hiding her face from everybody. Oh crap no.

"Answer me little introvert!" Gloria shouted, stomping her foot

Annabeth seemed to have mumbled something and Gloria leaned forward.

"What did you say?" Gloria asked as loud as ever

"I said leave me alone!" Annabeth suddenly shouted standing up

For the first time I realized how much taller Annabeth was than Gloria's 5'1 frame. Gloria stepped back as Annabeth stared her down.

"Gloria leave her alone" I said, finally speaking up

I felt all eyes on me, even Annabeth's.

"Oh come on Shawn, why would you stand up for her?" Gloria asked

"I have reasons" I replied, Gloria could seriously be dumb at times...

Everybody was paying so much to me and Gloria, I don't think anyone noticed when Annabeth grabbed her bag and ran out of the room as fast as she could. I gave a sigh of relief, she was safe from Gloria... For now anyways.

"You cant possibly have any reason to stand up for a girl like-" she began but stopped when she realized Annabeth had disappeared

"Where'd she go?" she questioned looking around

The bel rang and everybody immediately began to move about to get to there classes. Dante and I split to our different classes and I couldn't help think about Annabeth's sudden outburst at Gloria. She's stronger than she looks I guess.

***

Annabeth:

I stormed out of school. That girl called Gloria decided to mess with me and I couldn't control myself. Its not like I did anything wrong but I really didn't want to get into a mess like this. I needed to leave the school after lunch anyways. I walked to a bus stop near by and sat down, chugging down about half of my water bottle. I had to keep hydrated, if I cant sweat I gotta keep myself hydrated right? The bus came right on time and I hopped on. I had to get to my doctors appointment on time. Actually I had several today alone. I constantly checked my phone for the time every time the bus stopped, I was anxious. I put on my headphones and played my Melanie Martinez playlist. 'Sippy Cup' began to play as I watched the buildings go by through the bus windows. I finally made it to my stop and walked a short distance to a building. 'Dr. Rachel Weinberg' was written on a plac as I entered the office. Several patients were in the waiting room when I walked in. I went straight for the counter where I signed in for my appointment and sat down with the other patients. My skin began to grow itchy through my sleeves as I waited. I had to stop itching, I would just make it worse. To take my mind off of it I went on my phone and looked through my gallery. There were pictures of me and my sister Max who I missed very much and pictures of us with friends. I stopped at a specific video and played it. I stood on a stage as I had several friends play the instruments. We were a band, singing our first cover. We thought of ourselves as famous because we would sing covers at parties in school and different locations. I missed those days so so much...