T W E N T Y T W O

Shawn:

My head was throbbing and there was an immense pain coming from my mouth. I felt kinda groggy, everything was spinning like my brain had been knocked out of place. I felt someone's arms wrapped around me, which when I realized I was tightly holding Annabeth near me. I began to sit up, trying my best not to disturb her.

"Good Evening son" I heard my Dad say which made me smile internally and externally.

"You've been asleep for an hour" Aaliyah said, holding up a camera

"That's a long time, it felt like two minutes" I thought, but ended up speaking instead, holding up to hands

"Hes still loopy?" My mom asked, walking into the room

Both Aaliyah and Dad nodded there heads. What's loopy? I looked beside me to se Annabeth sleeping beside me. I cant say she looked peaceful because the look on her face made her seem restless. Like as if it were yelling out, please don't let me go.

"Why am I still single?" I suddenly thought, asking my family at the same time

Dad fought back a laugh while Aaliyah flat out laughed as Mom choked on her water.

"Why don't I have a girlfriend?" I asked, looking around wearily

"I don't know, why do you think your single?" Aaliyah asked me, still holding up the camera

"I'm not good enough I guess" I said with a sigh, taking in a deep breath

"What about Annabeth isn't she your girlfriend?" Dad asked me as I began to play with Anna's hair

"Noooooo shesss not" I mumbled before yawning

Pain ring out in my mouth and groaned, bringing my hand up to my puffy face.

"Let me go get you an icepack" Mom said before leaving the room

I began to wail my arms around to get some air flowing cause it was HOT! Outside it was about 60 degrees, but in here it felt like it was 80. I looked down as Annabeth shifted uncomfortably, not sweating compared to my sweaty skin. I felt as the medicine began to kick in and the pain in my jaw died down. I felt the cold air circulate around the house as my eyes began to grow weary. I laid back down and fell back to sleep.

~*~

I woke back up, the sun shining in through the windows. What exactly happened again? I felt someone shift on the couch and I looked to realize it was Annabeth! What was Anna doing here? The sudden pain hit me as I moved my mouth, oh right... Wisdom teeth removal. There was a note on the table and I grabbed it.

Shawn,

Aaliyah is over a friends house and your father and I are at work. There's some applesauce in the fridge, just tell Annabeth to fetch it. Your medication is to be taken every four hours, and try to rest and move your mouth to roughly. Which means NO singing? Got it?

~ Mom

I grabbed my medication and tossed it in my mouth, grabbing the water beside it and drinking it. Annabeth stirred and stretched sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

"Shawn can you grab my bag beside you please" she asked covering her eyes

I simply nodded and grabbed her book bag giving it to her. She uncovered her eyes and started rummaging through her bag. Her eyes were red, puffy, and watery like something was irritating them. I watched as she pulled out a contacts case and some eye drops.

I had no idea she wore contacts to be serious. She took out her contacts and out the into a solution in the case. She then put some eye drops in her eyes and put on her glasses.