Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty One ~

Mutations: TWO

~ Chapter Forty One ~ 

( This will be the last chapter, for now, in the males P.O.V but I hope that you have all enjoyed the little bite of insight! If enough of you didn't think it was total trash then I will think about doing it again! )

"Six!" I grunted watching as she maneuvered between two armed soldiers. They aimed their guns at her but none of them managed to shoot before I tore the weapons from them, "Stop!"

I put more force into my demand, it made the volume of my voice boom. I saw her falter at the sound, and I wanted to kick myself. Veronica told me that I had the alpha tone that made it easier for the others to follow me.

Like some sort of command embedded in my voice.

"I can't!" I was mildly surprised when she wheeled around to face me. Six's pretty face was flecked with still wet blood, and I could see the need exposed in her round hazel eyes. How badly she wanted to kill the one person who loved me, "I won't, Two. Not even for you. Veronica took everything from me!"

Not everything. I stared at Six in wonder, I understood why she was angry but now it made sense to me. I could see how much it pained her to tear through these people- not this monstrous Six. But the real Six, who was buried behind her animalistic urges.

I could feel her pain, I had never felt it so strong before.

It was eating away at her; killing her humanity and bringing whatever this side of her was out. I never thought of Six as a particularly dangerous Splice, but I was blind before.

Six might be more dangerous than all of us put together. All because of her emotions; they were overwhelming her.

"I know." I forced the words out, hating how true they were. Every part of me fought against the truth of what Veronica was, "It's Veronica. I know what she is, I know that she's...manipulative."

And I would have never saw past that, had it not been for you.

Six was nothing like Veronica; Six was different than any woman I had ever met. She wasn't as easily persuaded by me like the others were, she could resist my alpha commands. I liked how she could do that.

I liked her, and I wasn't the only one.

"But she's only human." Six stated with a low growl and I felt my own temper rise at her words, "She has done nothing but take everything I value from me, since the day I met her!"

I promised myself that I would look after Six, but I said the same to Veronica. The woman who raised me, but it's not like I was blind to the truth; Veronica wanted something more from Six, and she was more than willing to use me to get it.

Veronica used me to get what she wanted, not that I ever cared before. There used to be a time when she wasn't what she was like now; power hungry. Once, she was just content with handling me but it all changed when she found out I was the dominant Splice.

She changed, and I didn't like it.

"You've killed people today." I tried to appeal to the small threads of humanity that laced through her but it was useless, I already accepted that, "Innocent people. All because you want Veronica dead."

Blood dripped off her small chin and smeared across her face, it had probably taken most of my effort to rip her off people than anything else. But even in her most primal state, I was still stronger than she was.