Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Seven ~

Mutations: 

~ Chapter Twenty Seven ~

Hayden was stood across the padded flooring from me, crouched low in a stance that would be easy for me to disable her on. I wonder if she knew that Eric had taught me how to disable that move when I was just ten.

Apparently not.

I was too quick for her. It was to be expected, since I was genetically modified, and managed to flip her onto her back without breaking a sweat. I didn't like fighting, it always seemed unfair that I was put with humans to fight instead of my own kind now.

But they wanted me to learn how to not kill when I fight.

When I was younger, I had hated it even more. I was clumsy, and too fast at reacting. I had broken numerous bones, and even cracked someone's collar bone before, I don't like hurting people.

It brings out the worst in me. The need to win. I hate it.

"You're holding back." Hayden instantly accused, rising to her feet and I nodded at her, "I don't want to hurt you." I admitted sheepishly, which made her brows rise a little.

"You broke your last Handlers leg once, his shoulder, and even fractures a few other limbs too." She reminded me which made me stiffen. I guess that at the time, I didn't even think that he had anyone to go home to see him in pain, "If you can do that with him then you can do it with me."

Confusion distracted me for a second, did she want me to hurt her? She took the opportunity to land a roundhouse kick on me that made me stumble back onto the mats, and I coughed as I crashed onto my back.

"I done that when I was a kid." I pointed out lifting myself up with a grunt, "It wasn't intentional."

I doubted that she was even listening but I continued anyway, "It's different for us. We don't have to learn to be strong, we have to learn how to control our strength. Eric knew that." I said unable to hold back my snippy tone.

"Do you blame your lack on control for when you put that man into an intensive care unit, when you attacked him?" Hayden questioned making me freeze, and I met her gaze, surprised that she would even go there, "He has since been going to regular recovery therapy, got paid an awful lot of money to keep quiet."

I could hear the judgement in her tone and it riled me up as I squared my shoulders, trying to stop my temper from flaring, "No, that was nature." I snapped, not in the mood to play train anymore, "He was going to hit Eric. So, I attacked him to protect my Handler!"

"What?" Hayden paused with a suspicious frown on her face, "What did you just say?"

"The man who I attacked was going to hit Eric, protective instincts kicked in. I saw that he was armed, and Eric wasn't, and so I just went for him. It's animal instincts to protect family, and since I literally have none: I adopted Eric as my family. I had to look after him because he was my human." I growled darkly at her, "They told me not to tell anyone, Eric said that he had provoked the man, and if I told on him then he would get blamed. and get in trouble."

Hayden's brows furrowed a little as she watched me, "So, you took the fall, and were made out to be a vicious creature for my father?" It was the first she had called him that, and it took me by surprise, "Eric wouldn't have asked you to do that...unless it was for someone important."

"He said it was character building, and I didn't want him in trouble." I shrugged releasing my hair from my hair tie. It fell past my shoulders now. I was quite pleased at how long it had grown now, "I knew he didn't want to ask me to do it. He felt bad. But I got a slice of cake out of it."