Mutations: ~ Chapter Eighteen ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Eighteen ~

I had hoped it was all a dream.

That my life was still perfectly boring. I sudden valued my monitored day-to-day lifestyle so much than before, at least then I had my best friend with me every day. My only friend.

When I opened my eyes, I wished that being torn away from all I knew was just a stimulated nightmare. Induced on me to see how I would react, they liked to dig inside my brain with their tests.

Eager to discover what my fears were, and how I could overcome them. They done that by projecting them on my mind, forcing me to face them so that I could get over them.

I often had difficulties separation reality from fantasy. What was a memory, and what was a dream?

Being here stripped me of all the comforts I had before, nothing looked the same. I was a creature of habit. I had naively hoped that my room would be similar to my old one, but even that was different.

The walls weren't even all white, something that truly did astonish me. Now, there only two clean white ones, and the other two were a dark shade of blue. I didn't know what to make of it.

I guess I should be grateful, blue was my color. They might've been trying to make me feel more at home; it didn't work.

However, I did appreciate the spacious size of the room. It looked less like an animal pen, and more like a living area. My private bathroom was even a little larger too. Even the bed was bigger, with a white comforter that had blue accents on it that matched the walls, and clothes.

Everything still had that distinct smell of newness. The clothes hung in the wardrobe were different from my old ones, some looking like leisure wear, and others like work wear.

There was a shiny black desk pressed against the wall, with stationary neatly arranged on it. Instead of shelves above it, there was a smooth glass surface built into the wall that I had no idea what to do with, but I would have to find out later.

Because the moment I stepped into my room, all I wanted to was sleep. When I tentatively sat down onto the bed, I somehow ended up laying down, and then I lost myself until I fell asleep.

I hoped my eyes didn't show any redness from the crying...

I stripped out of the clothes I slept in, and dropped them into the wash shoot. A shower was probably what I needed the most, and a hiss of surprise left me when my feet collided with the cold tile, waking me up.

Oh, wow.

A wave of contentment washed over me at the size of this bathroom, not just a little box but more like a rectangle. Yes! The shower was blessedly a couple of sizes larger, with small shelves in the corner of it that held hygiene products.

I didn't see the wide mirror on the wall until I walked past, and the lights above it automatically flashed to life. I was startled at my unexpected bedridden appearance, that gave me all the more reason to wash.

When the hot spray of water automatically showered down on me, I was in shock. Just how advanced were these mole people? Extremely, it would seem.

My eyes rounded when the wall suddenly glowed with light, indicating the controls. Waterproof technology, I was bewildered, they were touch screen controls.

Showering may just become my new favorite thing to do. The hot water sprayed out of the jets along the walls, but also downwards from the ceilings, it gave a definite luxurious feel. Like what I'd imagine standing under a waterfall would feel like; mind-blowing!