Mutations: ~ Chapter Sixteen ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Sixteen ~

I once believed that my home was secret central, but then I arrived at Base.  

From the outside, it looked like nothing special. The van dropped us off outside of an abandoned small storage factory, with signs mounted on the fence that surrounded it.

There was a tall wooden fencing behind the chain link, and one of the men got to work on unlocking the padlocks that kept the doors secured shut. The place had biohazard symbol signs on it that made me nervous.

Especially because I could smell chemicals hanging in the air. When we stepped inside, the land was vacant of any people and all there was to look at was rusted barrels littered around, and tall weeds that would soon take over the place.

It wasn't nearly as showy as my home.

Not that it needed to be, I doubted anyone would want to take a leisurely stroll through here. The air was rotten, and it was in the middle of nowhere so I couldn't think of who would even want to be in the area...it was creepy.

"I am not going inside of that." Five was first to break the stony silence, in astonishment at what was placed before us. He stood stiffly, gawking at the building with wide eyes like saucers, "It looks like death."

Three glanced over at him with his usually calm expression on his face but a glint of mirth in his eyes, "All the more reason for you to make the first move." He delivered smoothly, in all seriousness, and he turned his eyes back onto the building.

"Are you trying to tell us that an entire organization, is in that?" Two drawled disbelievingly, at the escorts who were already walking ahead of us, and we moved to catch up.

The eldest of the two turned to us with his fine brows rose high on his head, "I'm not instructed to tell you anything." He spoke in a hard ass tone that made me glare at his back in annoyance.

He seemed like one of those rule adoring soldiers, who'd rather take a bullet than disobey the law.

"Then why should we go with you?" Two fired back calmly, slowing to a halt. His gaze was defiant, and I felt my own behavior mimicking his.

Veronica rolled her eyes from where she was standing beside him, "Two, just move. We'll be there shortly." She sighed in her caramel like voice, sounding like she had done this with him over a hundred times

She looked so out of place here. Dressed in chic high waist black pants with a chiffon shirt carefully tucked into the waistband, what made it unbelievable was the skin tone heels she wore.

It was miraculously that her pants were still clean, and she hadn't toppled over already. Her hair didn't have a single strand out of place, and it was obvious that both officers were attracted to her.

No wonder, she looked like an angel in the midst of mere mortals.     

"No. I don't want to walk into something that we can't walk out of." Two surprised us all by saying. When I looked at him, I saw the face of a fierce leader instead of an adolescent. His icy eyes became so cold that even the officers seemed intimidated by him, "Where are you planning on taking us to?"

By this point I wanted to go hide with my tail tucked between my legs.

Everyone had stopped moving at this point. Both officers were staring Two down with mixed emotions, I knew confidently if they were thinking of attacking him, but their attempts to take him down would be in vain.