Mutations: ~ Chapter Fourteen ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Fourteen~

The suddenly weightless sensation made me jerk awake.   

My eyes widened with shock, followed by fear that chorused through me. I awakened as if someone dumped a bucket of icy water over me, cleansing me of any traces of sleepiness.

Within seconds of registering what had happened to me, I'm bounding up onto my feet with a wretched urgency that polluted me.

Or, I at least I try to.  

A strangled noise escaped me once I lunged forward, a pressure crushing my chest that immediately slapped me back in my seat. Thick belts restrain me in my seat, crisscrossed over my chest, and holding me against the hard leather seat.

I feel like a psychiatric patient that needed to be strapped down.

Panic swelled through me at the memories that haunted my mind. The last things I remembered threw me into an emotional wreck, and my senses being thrown off down little to soothe me.

My heart with pounding so loud that it's all I can hear, and my vision contorted, turning everything into a blurry mess that I couldn't decipher. Every little thing in here is attacking my nose, from the stench of burning oil in the tanks, to the smell of salty sweat dripping down Three's neck.

My ears ached as the noise boomed in my sensitive ears. It sounded like every noise had been amplified with megaphones; fabric brushing against fabric scratched in my ears, and even the sound of breathing irritated me.

I was in the height of silent panic.

Eyes wild with anticipation for the worst, pupils dilated with my imagination going wild. Heart racing like it was in a race, brain both frozen in a seizure of emotions, and on fire at the same time.

It felt like a bomb had exploded inside of me, and all of my senses were thrown into chaos, leaving me defenceless to all of my natural biological abilities. I didn't know how to handle this, this had never happened before!

"Six," A faraway voice echoed through my mind, and frustration tore at me, "Calm down, you're safe!"

A warm hand landed on my own, sending my bare skin on fire because I was so sensitive right now. I jerked away sharply, hissing at whoever it was touching me. I threw my head back against the hard headrest behind me, gritting my teeth as I tried hard to keep myself quiet as the burning throb continued to thrum through me.

"She's having a bad reaction to the serum." An echo filtered through my ears, and two fingers pressed against the delicate skin of my neck, making me jerk back even more, "It should wear off soon."

I soon realize that I was left completely helpless. Someone had me strapped into this seat very securely, even going as far as having my wrists strapped to the rests, and my ankles laced to something cylinder shaped and hard. It just made me even more frustrated.

The pain blooming in my chest made me want to curl into a small ball and hide someplace cool. Since I couldn't move anywhere, all I could do was writhe in pain against the straps that pinned me in place.

It was way too hot!

"Do something!" The next voice was gravelly, and attractively strong, "Help her!"

Sweat broke out down my back, and my head was thrown back as I arched my body forward in an attempt to release myself. The heat was consuming me, swallowing me whole and gnawing on my skin. I now understood what it felt like to have a burning heart.