Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Five ~

Mutations:

~ Chapter Twenty Five ~ 

"How are you feeling after the mental stimulation?" Two appeared by the door as he pulled a shirt over his head. A quick flash of his muscular chest made a blush cross my cheeks and I tried not to stare at his hardened abdomen, "I heard Veronica say that you finished quicker than the rest of us."

I'm not sure if I wanted to talk about my confusing experience, and it must have been obvious on my face, "We don't need to talk about it." He assured me as he sat down on the couch next to me with an odd look on his face, "But I would like to ask you some things. Thing's about yourself."

"Why?" I asked curiously as I pulled my knees up to my chest, "There's not much to know."

Today was a Sunday and we discovered that Sundays were our resting day. Normally, Saturdays were a half day but since we were still new here, we worked through the whole day, until night and by then we were all exhausted.

Five was still sleeping in his room, it was either that he was doing or listening to his godawful music at full blast. Most of his time he spent working out or trying to convince one of us to play a game with him, he loved to play sports games or any game really.

Three was the opposite. I don't know what he did when in his private time, since it was always spent in his room with the door shut. Sometimes Two would humor Five, and they'd play a game, or he would sit in his brooding aura that surrounded him.

"There has to be something. I observe everyone, and it's you who seems to be the hardest to read. All really I know about you is you're an exceptional tracker, you hate being indoors." Two paused, trying to think of more things, "You favor ham over beef, drink a lot of fruit juice, except from the apple juice, because Three drinks all of that...and you like to watch documentaries about nature."

My mouth popped open in surprise but I had no idea of what to say, "You pay close attention." I commented unsure of what else to say, I never paid that much attention to anyone. I would get bored so quickly if all I done was sit and profile people from a distance.

"Not to everyone." Two deadpanned taking a lock of my hair and twisting it around his finger. He looked fascinated by the length of it.

There was nothing else to do but pass the time. I promised myself not to get close to anyone, but that was already failing, so I doubted to see how a little sharing would hurt

"I like chocolate. Sometimes, Eric would take me out on the hunt stimulation, my favourite game is rabbits and deer." I tried to think of what else I could say, but I found it quite hard. That would be defined as interesting about me? "I don't like the rain, and I hate peanuts. I like books about nature, sometimes."

Two listened intently as he continued to twist and play with my hair, "Do you like me?" He asked out of nowhere, and I gave him a strange look.

"I like you all." I nodded feeling butterflies in my stomach, he seemed pleased by this. A friendly smile curved his lips, "I like you." Two murmured confidently lifting his cold eyes to meet mines, and I felt my face heat up.

"Don't you like Three and Five too?" I questioned, and the light in his eyes dimmed a little. "You and Three get along really well, huh?" He muttered in annoyance.

"He was the first Splice I ever met." I pointed out wringing my hands together, sometimes I got confused about whether Three and I were friends. Sometimes he spoke to me, and other times he'd just grunt and move away from me, "Who was the first you ever met?"