Chapter 64.

Laura's POV;

I was outside the door of my house now, but I didn't want to go in. I didn't want them to see my puffy eyes, and how much of a shit I look. I payed the taxi driver and got my luggage out of the car rapidly. As I walked to the door, I stopped. I dropped my luggage on the floor, and turned back, away from the house. I didn't want to go in, and I wasn't going to. I'm just gonna go for a walk, and come back whenever I feel like explaining to everyone why I came back so fast, and alone.

I walked for a few minutes, or hours just thinking. Thinking of him, and what he did to me. The image of that girl on him, and them two kissing kept replaying in my head. But the one thing I wondered, was why? Why did he do it? Did he not love me? Was it all an act? The more I thought of it, and the more I questioned myself made it harder for me to hold in my tears. Everywhere I looked, I saw happy couples doing what Ross and I did. I pictured myself doing all that stuff with him, and for a second I smiled at the thought of me and him. But my world came crashing down again when a snapped back to reality and knew there was no us anymore. It felt like I was trapped inside this fun, happy world and I was the only miserable person. I wanted to talk to someone and spill my emotions out to them, but they wouldn't know what i'm going through, nobody would.

I suddenly feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I open it up to see that it's a text from him. I went to ignore it, but as soon as I was going to press ignore, my mind immediatley told me to see it. So I did.

It read; Laura, I miss you. If you won't listen to me in person, I'll tell you what happened over a message, I just hope you'll see this. I wasn't cheating, or maybe I was but I did it for us. She bolted into the room, and after I tried to get her out, she pushed me onto the bed and got on me. She told me that if I kissed her, she would leave me alone. I know it was a mistake to accept, but I just wanted her out of our lives. I didn't want her to ruin what we have, but as I can see she got what she wanted. I didn't mean for this to happen, it's killing me inside knowing you're not mine. I didn't want to hurt you, but I blame myself for this. I hope you understand everything now, and that none of this was without meaning. I don't blame you for getting hurt, and for hating me because I would react the same way. I just wished with all my heart that you could understand.. I love you, always. I'll see you in two weeks, and hopefully you won't hate me when I come back.

and that's when tears started pouring out of my eyes. I closed my little flip phone quickly, and sat on a bench. For some reason, I wanted to believe him, but I still can't get over what I saw. Maybe he did do it for me, but it doesn't change the fact that he cheated on me. He should've told me about her since the beginning, and I would've done something. If he hadn't kept it from me, I would probably not be going through all this pain right now. I just don't know what to believe, or what to do.

I cried into my hands for a while, not caring about my surroundings. I didn't even know where I was right now, all I knew is that there were only a few people around me and they were probably wondering if i'm sick or mentally ill. I look up to a couple playing on a pair of swings, feeding each other cotton candy. I saw the way he kissed her, and my mind took me back to mine and Ross's date when that was us playing on the swings. And at that moment, I knew where I was. I was in that park, the park in where the most of amazing night of my life began. I looked around, and there it was, the pond in which him and I layed next to, under the moon. I just wanted to -

My thoughts got interrupted by the sound of a girl calling my name. I snapped out of them, and in front of me was a little girl, probably three or four , standing with a smile on her with and a color and piece of paper in her hand.

" y-you're Ally Dawson. " she smiled. I wiped away my tears and forced a smile towards her. " yes sweetie, yes I am. How can i help you? "

" I saw you from over there. " she says, pointing to the monkey bars. " and so I picked up a flower for you. " she hands me a small, yellow flower and then the color and paper. " and, and can you write your name on this piece of paper for me? "

" what a beautiful flower, how about you keep it? " I say, before I put the flower in her hair. " now you look like a princess. Okay, and who do I make this out to? "

She stays quiet. She looks at me for a second and her smile disappears. " why are you crying? " she asks.

" oh, i'm not crying. I- I just had something in my eye. " I lie.

She raises up her arm, and says. " I cried yesterday too, because I cut my hand, you see. " she points to a little cut across her arm, and looks back at me. " a mean girl was being mean to my little brother so I pushed her away from him, but she was big so she pushed me back stronger and I fell and cut my hand. "

" well honey, why did you push her in the first place? " I asked her. I picked her up and sat her on my lap.

" because I wanted her to leave him alone. I didn't want my little brother to get hurt. " she says.

After she says those words, I thought back to what Ross had said. I did it for us. I wanted her to leave me alone, and I was afraid she would hurt you. I thought of how I had slammed the door on him when he said that, and how I thought it was all bullshit.

" a-and did your mommy understand why you had gotten cut? " I ask.

" yes, she was proud of me for protecting my little brother. " she smiles.

her words kept replaying in my head.

" well, i'm proud of you too. " I say. " now, who do I make this to? " I ask.

" to me, Abby. " she giggles. " .. and to my little brother, Ashton. "

I wrote in the piece of paper a short sentence, but not from Ally, from me. I handed the girl the paper back, and I gave her a quick hug.

" thank you, Abby. " I smile. But I don't think she heard me. She ran back to a lady, and I saw as they walked away.

Maybe I do understand now..

I pick up my phone and look back at that text. I read it one more time, but this time I did reply.

Ross, I understand.

______________________________________

Will Laura realize that Ross is inoccent?

Or will something else happen that will make Laura regret everything?