Chapter 34.

Laura's POV:

" Ross! " I yell.

But he was gone.

He got in his truck and just rode away, leaving me behind knowing I don't have a ride home. He didn't even give me time to explain everything.

" Calum, c-can you ride me home? " I stutter. I wanted to cry, but I didn't want anyone to see me or ask questions. I just wanted to get home to him, and explain.

" .. and Ross? Don't you drive home with him? " he searches around with his eyes, maybe for Ross with a confused look on his face.

" probably not anymore. " I respond.

He doesn't do any talking after that. He just nods and walks me to his car, and the smell of a new car smell fills my nose.

" new car? " I ask.

" just got it last week. " he pats the top of the car and smiles. " don't you have one? "

" I do, but I still haven't learned to drive it. Ross was supposed to teach me but.. I don't know what'll happen now. " I lower my head, and start to play with my nails.

" what happened.. um, between y'all? " he asks, starting the engine.

I let a tear slide down my cheek, but I continue to look down. As much as I don't want Calum to see me cry, I can't keep the tears in.

" we broke up. " is all I say.

" I knew there was something between y'all, and I had a feeling this was it. " he says. he stays quiet for a few seconds before speaking up again. " i'm sorry about what happened, but y'all will get through this. I promise. "

" I wouldn't be so sure. " I reply.

" .. and why is that? " he asks, with a tone on his voice that makes me trust him.

" I cheated on him. " I say.

Maybe Ross was right. I did cheat on him, even though I didn't mean it like that.

Now I realize Ross has every right to be mad, I would be too if he ever did that to me.

So I need to do the right thing if I want Ross to still be mine.

" Calum stop. " I say.

" .. w-what? "

" I said stop the car. " I raise my voice.

Calum rapidly steps on the breaks, making our bodies move forward.

" what, what's wrong? " he asks.

" Noah. Where does he live? " I exclaim.

" I- I don't know! "

" Calum, come on. I know y'all are good friends, where does he live? " I raise my voice, and I raise my head completely showing my red and puffy eyes towards Calum.

He looks at me for a few seconds then sighs.

" look, I don't know where he lives. But he said he would be at a store for a few hours before the party, something about buying a girl flowers and buying her a gift he was taking to the party tonight. "

" f-flowers and a gift? " I ask.

" yeah, seems like he really likes this girl. " Calum says.

I can't do this to Noah either. Ross will just have to understand.

" nevermind. " I sigh. " just take me home. "

. . . . . . .

After Calum dropped me off at my house, I slowly walked in to the guys all playing video games.. except Ross. I instantly knew where he was so I didn't even say anything to them, I just walked past them and headed upstairs.

I stopped outside the door and took a deep breathe before walking in.

There laying in bed, with tears in his eyes, hugging a pillow, was Ross. I knew he knew I was in the room cause he instantly wiped his eyes and turned away from me.

" Ross.. " I say.

No responce.

" Ross, please we have to talk. " i beg.

He slowly turns my direction and sits up. I go and sit by him, but I keep my distance.

" i'm doing this for us. " I say.

" for us, or for you? " he snaps.

" for us, Ross! I already told you why I said yes. I was scared he would suspect something and tell somebody. " I cry out. " this so called date means nothing to me, if anything, we're going as friends! "

" I don't want you to go with him! " he yells. " I don't want to see you with another guy, cause it'll hurt! It'll hurt me seeing you with him, have you thought of that? "

" it won't have to hurt, cause you know i'm yours! Only yours. " I say. I can see the hurt in his eyes, and the way he is looking at me.

I sigh " I wont go. "

" you wont? " he asks, his voice beginning to sound less emotional.

" yeah, even though I wante- " I start.

" wait, you do wanna go with him.. " he interrupts.

" just so I won't let him down. " I reply.

" then just go. I'm not gonna stop you. Don't worry about me, you're single anyways. "

" Ross I - "

" no just stop. " he interrupts again. " just remember, two can play this game. "