Chapter 24:

Laura's POV:

I was at home, helping Stormie cook lunch for the guys and us. I couldn't think of anything else, then how bad I wanted the part and how I didn't get it. I wasn't my normal self today, and I guess it was noticeable cause Riker came over to the kitchen and told me to go with him to his room to talk.

" did Ross do something to you? " is the first thing he asks as he sits down next to me.

" n-no. " I say truthfully.

" then what's wrong? " he asks.

When he asked that, I broke down. Everything was wrong. I knew I could trust him, so I poured out my heart and soul out to him.

I put my head into his chest, and he put his arms around me. " its just now that Ross will have his own tv show, he's gonna put all his time into it. I wanted to try out for that reason, so I could spend time with him, but it turns out I didnt get the part. Now he's gonna be with another girl for a long time, and who knows.. that girl might be prettier and better than me. Im afraid to lose him, thats it. " I cry out.

Riker holds me tighter, to the point where I was sort of uncomfortable, but he was just being nice, so I didn't say anything about it.

" Ross would never replace you. He loves you, believe me. " he says. " and if he ever does, remember im always here for you. "

I look up to Riker and smile. He kisses my forehead the way Ross does every night, but then he raises my chin and looks at me. He looks me in the eyes and I see him getting closer to my face. He leans in and presses his lips against mine. I knew this was wrong, but for some reason I didn't stop him. He deepens the kiss and kisses me harder, but this time I push him back.

" I can't do this. " I say.

Riker licks his lips and stands up. " I-im sorry. " he says.

" me too. " I reply.

There was an awkward silence between us now, so I start to go out the door, but I freeze midstep. Standing at the doorway, probably seeing everything, was Rocky and Ryland.

" I- its not wha- " I start.

" I wont tell Ross. " Rocky says interrupting me.

"... but I will. " Ryland says walking away.

I tried to go after him, but my phone started ringing.

It was Ross.

I look at Riker, who was sitting on the bed with his head lowered down, then at Rocky, who was glaring at me and him.

" h- hello? " I answer.

" Laura, come to the studio right now! I got a surprise for you! " Ross yells in excitement over the phone.

" i'll be right over. " I say as cheerful as I could possibly make myself. .. and then I hang up.

I look at Rocky, who is still standing at the doorstep. " c-can you take me to the studio? " I ask him without glancing back at Riker.

" okay. " he says, grabbing his keys.

we get in his car, and we drive in complete silence until I break it.

" it didn't mean anything to me. " I say. I know he would know what I was talking about.

" then why didn't you pull back right at the start? " he asks.

He was right. I didn't. Was it because I liked the kiss?

" I- I guess i got caught in the moment. But I promise you, it didn't mean anything. " I say.

" Laura, I know you love Ross so I believe you when you say it didn't mean anything. But have you thought that maybe it meant something to Riker? " he asks looking at me.

" I dont know. " I say.

Suddenly the car stops. I look out the window to see we're at the studio.

I get off the car and close the door behind me, but I turn back.

" please, just dont tell Ross about what happened. Please.. " I beg him.

" don't worry about me, I wont say anything. " he says. " but you should be worried about Ryland, cause he might. "

And then he drove off.

I walk inside the studio only to find that' it's completely transformed into what looks like a huge music store. I was wowed at it's sight, and at the corner of my eye I see Ross talking to a tall, red headed guy.

As soon as I see him, I slapped a smile onto my face and walked towards him, trying my best to look cheerful and trying to put what happened earlier away.

" there she is! " Ross yells, running towards me.

Then two men come following him.

" ah there she is. Our show's Ally Dawson. "

Wait did he just call me Ally Dawson? Ally.. as in Austin and Ally?

a smile comes across my face, but this time a real one.

" wait a minute.. " I start to say.

" yup. " Ross says with a huge smile on his face.

" but I thoug- "

" there was a mixup. You were meant to have the part all along. " he says interrupting me. " sooo, surprise! "

" oh my gosh!! " I yell, running into Ross's arms.

" welcome to the show Laura. " Heath says. " i'll leave y'all alone for a few minutes so y'all can introduce each other. "

then a really pretty mexican girl comes towards me. " hi, im Raini. I'll be playing your best friend on the show. " she says.

" nice to meet you. Maybe we'll become best friends in real life too. " I say.

After a few minutes of talking and introducing me to the cast and crew, Heath comes out and tells us to go find our dressing rooms.

We do as ordered, and we go look for our rooms, but Ross pulls me into his.

" i've missed you. " he says.

He pulls me in for a kiss, but as soon as his lips are about to touch mine, he pulls away.

He looks me in the eyes and I stare back in confusion.

" why does your face smell like Riker? " he asks, raising an eyebrow.