Chapter 51.

Laura's POV;

all I can see is blackness. It felt like I have been asleep for a few minutes, or maybe a couple of seconds.

" Laura.. "

I hear a voice say.

I knew that voice, it was my love's. I tried to open my eyes and see him, but for a reason, I couldn't. I couldn't move my body, it's like I had no control over it anymore.

.. until I could feel my hands. I tried to move it, but i seemed to fail. Before I knew it, I could feel my body, but I was somewhat paralyzed.

I could feel someone's breath getting closer and closer to my face, and a pair of lips pressed against mine. That taste, I knew who's it was. Ross's.
" wake up, I'm waiting for you. "
I hear him say.

I tried to scream and tell him that im right here, but once again, i couldn't.

I felt a sharp object go in through my skin, like a needle. A weird, but good sensation filled my body, and that's when I could feel my eyes opening.

I could hear a small beeping noise, and a woman talking, and then I heard Ross's voice. His voice telling me to wake up, and now I had the strength to.

So I flung my eyes open.

Everything was blurry and confusing at time, but as seconds passed, objects began to fill the room.

Until I could see clearly, and the first thing that caught my eyes was him.

.. and then the room I was in.

I didn't know if I could speak, so I tried.

" w-where am I? " I ask. I could talk.

Nobody answered my question, all I saw was Ross rushing to me and pressing his body onto mine as he held me in his arms.

" you're awake. " he says. I could see tears in his eyes. " I-i've missed you so much. "

although the pressure of him on me hurt, I didn't want him to let go of me for some reason, it felt as if we've been apart for so long.

" missed me? " I ask him, running my fingers through his hair. " what happened to me? "

Before he could answer, a lady speaks up. " Miss Marano, you were in a coma after a man named Eduardo Zepeda shot you in your chest. It's a miracle you're alive and awake right now. "

When she said that name, I began to panik. Eduardo shot me?

I could tell the nurse noticed me paniking, so she rushed over to me and told me to calm down.

" he's gone right? He's not here? " I ask, with an anxious tone.

" he's gone for a long time. A few years I might say.. " she smiles.

A smile comes across my face, and across Ross's as well. Even Rocky's, whom I didn't notice was in the room.

" how long was I asleep? " I ask.

" 23 days. " Ross's says, grabbing my hand and holding it tightly.

" b-but im okay now, right? " I was too anxious to know everything right now, but I tried to be calm.

" you should be. We still need to run some tests and check your injury, cause everything you went through was too much. " the nurse tells me. " so if you two guys may wait out in the waiting room, I will get everything started. "