Chapter 52.

Ross's POV;

" we quit. " I tell Kevin and Heath.

After we got yelled at by Kevin and threatened to get kicked off the show, Laura and I couldn't take it anymore. Sure, this show was a once in a lifetime thing, but I can't keep pretending to not be dating Laura, either the creators take us as we are, or we'll be gone.

I guess they chose the wrong thing..

" you two sure about this? " Heath asks.

Laura and I both nod. " yes, we don't want to be in a show that is forcing us to break up. I love Laura, and I would give up anything for her, even if it's a once in a life time thing. " I tell them.

Kevin's eyes get into a worried type of form, and without saying a word, he pulled Heath out into the hallway and left.

" I give them a week. " I laugh.

" .. and I give them a day. " Laura smiles. " they can't replace us. "

Suddenly the sound of heels echoes the hallway. We both thought it was Rydel, but Vanessa runs in.

Without saying a word, Vanessa squeals and pushes me out of the way, running to Laura's arms. They seemed to hug for a century, but seeing Laura happy to be with her sister made me smile.

Finally they pulled apart, and Vanessa looks at her with a discusted look.

" what? " Laura asks. " what are you looking at? "

" you with no makeup. You look horrible. " Vanessa laughs.

" Ross doesn't think so. He thinks I look amazing. " Laura smirks, giving me a little wink.

" he's your boyfriend, that's his job to compliment you no matter how hideous you look. Right Ross? " Vanessa gives me a go-with-it-look.

" well a little mascara wouldn't hurt you, Laura. " I say, trying to not laugh.

" I'm sorry I'm not pretty enough for you. " she says.

I couldn't tell if she took it seriously or was just being sarcastic, so I stopped talking.

Laura's smile disappeared, and she lowered her head down. She turned really quiet and started touching her eyes. At that point I knew we went too far, and I know Vanessa knew it too.

" I was just kidding with you, Laura. " Vanessa smiles. " you're beautiful, and even I'm jealous. "

" yeah, you're stunning. " I say. " .. with or without makeup, I love you. "

" that's what I wanted to hear. " she smiles.

Laura's POV;

the next day.

Guess who can leave this place a day early cause they're doing well? This girl.

Everyone packed my stuff and I was in a wheelchair, being pushed by Ross with my family beside me down a white hallway. As I went by rooms, I could see all types of people with all types of injuries, and it all reminded me of why I hate hospitals so much.

I could see the exit, and relief filled my body knowing I would be out in a few seconds, but everything changed when a doctor approached us.

" Miss Laura Marano? " he asks.

" y-yeah.. " I stutter. " what is it? "

" there's someone who wants to see you. " his look was urgent, and don't get me wrong, I began to get worried.

" who? " I ask.

" a man named Eduardo Zepeda. " he says.

Why does he keep coming back to my life? Just when I think he's gone for good, and I begin to be happy once again, he comes back to haunt me.

" I have nothing to say to him, I don't want to see him. " I raise my voice. " he's the reason I was in a coma and almost died. He's the reason I'm here. "

" calm down, babe. it's not good for you. " Ross says, holding my hand.

" I know, and he's behind bars now, for a long time. " the doctor tells me. " but after the accident, he's not been himself. All he talked about was wanting to die, and a few days ago he tried to commit suicide. "

" I'm sorry to hear that, but why does this concern me? " I ask.

" .. cause he's done it all for you, well for what he did to you. He said he never meant to hurt you, but he did. "

" he didn't mean to hurt me? " I yell. " look at me now, it's a miracle i'm alive. Now if you can excuse me, we gotta go. "

" Miss Marano, his days are counted. He doesn't have that many. He wishes to see you before he leaves, and to talk to you before it's too late. " the doctor raises his voice.

I sigh. " take me to him. " I say.

" thank you. " he smiles.

Riker and Ross follow the doctor while the rest of the family stays behind. We finally arrive to an empty hallway with only a few doors and no windows. As we walk down it, lots of nurses and doctors rush into a room, and one room only.

" something's wrong. " the doctor says.

But before we could even reach the room, a nurse runs to us.

" is this the girl? " she asks.

" yes, what's going on? " the doctor asks.

" you're too late. " she tells me. " Mr. Zepeda is gone. "

the place went silent, and for a reason I felt responsible for everything. I know I shouldn't be crying over him, but I am.

the nurse takes out a letter and hands it to me.

" he wanted you to have this. " she says.

.. and without hesitation, I opened it and started reading it.