Chapter 15 - The betrayal that Julia totally saw coming.

P.L. 7 Captives of Disputes

'Spoils of war' no longer applies to captured females and males from other Packs. Rape and harrassment no longer permitted. 

Torture must be ordered by the Alpha alone.

Beta Advising.

Modified by the 75th Alpha

____________________________________

Julia fell asleep near Oliver, somewhat on the edge of the bed, not quite letting him come as close as he probably wanted. Tough cookies. She also played some great hippy music and put some incense on. Julia felt sorry for him, that he was lonely, but she was dating Levi. So maybe she could smoke him into his own bed with it. If he didn't like it then he didn't have to share her bed.

It seemed to relax him. Weird.

She shut her eyes and listened to the music. It relaxed her. The dragon's blood cone relaxed her. She finally gave up trying to wriggle away from Oliver's arm- there was no edge of bed left- and instead held onto his hand to stop him from shifting over. 

They slept. First time she'd slept in a bed with someone that wasn't a friend. Was a friend. Was a friend but liked sex. It was kind of funny, he had this thing about sliding a little too close, she woke up with his leg between hers, back curled up against her back, the smell of his breathing coming from just inches behind her head. 

She was so amused by it that she forgot why she'd woken up enough to notice it. Then she felt his phone vibrating in his pocket behind her and Julia reached back to tug it out and read it.

"What now?"

"They're five minutes away." She said and felt him groan, arm tighten across her, pulling her against his chest. 

"Okay."

There it was. Alpha mask and voice. He got up slowly, shaking his head, shoving back his indecision and fear. Yasmine was alive. Beth was fine. Whatever consequences there'd be from this 'attack' on the Northern pack's land it'd have to be dealt with.

"Thanks for staying with me." Oliver meant it too. It'd calmed him down.

"Yeah." Julia slid up ad stretched, cringing as a cramp hit her in a leg again, reaching down to rub the muscle.

"Cramp?"

She didn't ask how he knew, just nodded, face screwed up till it was over.

"I read that you might get those. I got stuff in the pantry for it but ... well, it's in the other house." Oliver tried to not get distracted. Distracted by his pregnant mate, by the way those clothes clung to her, and how damn gorgeous she looked. 

"So Pack War?" Julia tugged the velvet skirt over her tummy better, untwisting it, and he nodded. "So what do we do?"

We? It seemed so natural though to be talking with her. She really was going to be a Beta, Oliver realised, she was so silly one second then she was thinking. He nodded. "Desert Pack's moving in for a while."

"How many?"

"Another sixty adults."

Julia gazed out the window at the field. So it was going to get busy. Werewolves all over the place. A car's headlights came into the gates far down the road, briefly reflecting through the trees, and she pointed. "I think that's them."

Oliver nodded and headed out into the living room. Into Levi.

The two of them stared at each other, Levi's eyes narrowing as he took in the room that Oliver had come from, his arms crossing.