Chapter 9 - Sore bums are more fun than war and the wife

Border Report- Alpha & Beta David. 

W.w searching along their side. No official report of missing w.w that you captured. Diplomatic negotiations aren't going well. Tensions rising. No more attacks of w.w in our Pack but several attacks on cattle by 'big dog'. 

Alpha's uncle amongst those beside Northern Alpha during Negoations. Sends congratulations to Alpha-Oliver on the pregnancy in his new bride.  

Recommend another meet & Yasmine to stay close to Estate.

Marianne

Oliver lowered the report and gazed around the room. No one smiled. No one looked the least bit pleased about the news. 

"Is Yasmine pregnant?"

"No." Oliver had always been careful when they did 'fool around', friends with benefits didn't need a baby on top of it, and besides. It had been months since anything. Well before Julia's sixteenth when he felt no guilt about it. If she had been pregnant then she'd be obvious by now. "Not even a chance of that. We checked."

"Then they're assuming Julia's Yasmine." David sighed and rubbed his forehead with his palm. "I suppose this is better for Yasmine. But with Julia's condition it's got them both vulnerable. Either way, better to keep them close."

"We'll keep them together to keep the confusion up." Oliver didn't like the words he was saying. He sat down and threw the paper into the middle of the table. "Did you know my Uncle's a part of that pack?"

"A number of the old Pack went to different packs. We lost track of most of them." Randy was on the computer, his glasses on, reading through something. Probably the files on the other Packs.  "There's just a few we knew of. We thought your Uncle was with the grass one."

"I'm not downplaying the seriousness of your Uncle's involvement in that pack. What concerns me is that the Northern Pack wolves were caught trying to take a woman they assumed belonged to the Alpha." That was Marianne's voice over the phone line. "Their disregard for their own pack over here- there has been no concern for them, though the crash caught the news. I have not been asked about their welfare. Three deaths and one attempted kidnapping. It could have gone worse, Alpha."

"They don't want to admit they've got some over here without permission." David muttered. "Is this a delcoration of war?"

That was not a good thing. Oliver felt the distinct 'throb throb throb' behind one eye, the sign that he was going to have one hell of a tension headache tonight, and he reached out for the lukewarm coffee. "Can we afford one?"

No one answered. Truthfully, not like this. They were one of the more financially stable Packs in America, thanks to Oliver's father and mother, but that didn't always mean they were stable overall. With only twenty eight adults- now that the Thatcher family were dead- this meant that they could be easily overrun by the Northern Pack's hundred. 

"With the assistance of another Pack, or two, possibly." David said quietly. He looked like he had a headache too, he kept rubbing the dent in his forehead. "We'll have to ask quietly. The peace treaty may give us several allies."

"If they haven't arranged it earlier." Marianne said softly on the speaker phone. "Let's hope this is just the Northern Pack making a move."

"The peace treaty was made to ensure Pack survival throughout America, without the humans noticing us. It's in all Pack's best interests to keep this quiet and to end it quickly." David muttered. "This world's too crowded for anther one. They'll notice."