Paige We Met Again PT 1

Emily POV

I landed and I look around at the place where it all started.Where I learned I liked girls, where I met the girl of my dreams and where it all fell apart.I walk off the plane with Naya and our children.As we walk to find a hotel I spot something that makes me remember Ali.It was something she said there that made me stop walking with Paige but look at it.

''Naya stay here I'll be BACK''The forest path is wide and civilized. The city has used our taxes to lay wood-chips and place garbage bins along the route. The trees are so separated by this swathe they have cut that I still need my sunglasses. The brilliant rays are not dappled but shine hotly from above as strong as at any beach without the benefit of a cooling onshore breeze. But all that will change in twenty minutes, then the noble efforts of the bureaucrats will end and the forest will reassert itself. The path will twist, snaking around the ancient trees. The roots will criss-cross, gnarled and uneven- as beautiful as any picture book illustration. I will take in the colours with unshielded eyes and use my hands where the path rises in steep, uneven rocky steps. I have a map of this place carefully stored in my head. My boots have trodden these paths so often that the soles are wearing thin, but I cannot tire of this place, this forest. I may live in a tower of concrete but my heart will always live here.

I go to the kissing rock be and Ali spent most of our time and remember something that had escaped my mind.

''Emily I know you'll destroy me but I'll let you anyway''

I walk further into the forest to the river I left behind.

The river is a slice of mellow harmony amid the fragrant leaves. It flows like time, always onward, always toward its destiny. One day these placid waters will enter that great ocean, each drop a vital part of what becomes the mighty aquatic world. In the shade of the boughs we wade in, feeling the welcome kiss of coolness, watching the eddies that swirl and disappear. The water surface is livened by brief crescents of white that are fish arcing as they swim. Our eyes travels down stream, caressing the dapples that bring the shine of the water to a hue so homely. I stifle a giggle. This forest is so far from the home we left, but right now it doesn't matter a bit. This moment is my own and right now, in this flash of the time continuum, I am at home.

I look around and see someone naked with their back faced towards me.I call out to the person and they look around and my heart leaped as I saw the one person I wish I didn't right now.

Paige.

My phone buzzes and I open it to see.

Emily I foresee You doing something you'll regret

                                                      -A