Karma is a Kind Person That Gives Back What You Forgot

Aria POV

  The pain was like a knife being twisted in my spine. It shots up fast, erasing every thought from my head and paralyzing my body. Apparently I screamed, but I don't recall that part, only the pain. It couldn't have lasted long though, the screaming, because by the time the paramedics arrived my speech could only come out in faltering gasps as I struggled to make my brain listen to their voices and respond with something appropriate. Alison was kneeling by me - I remember that - stroking my hair over and over, saying it would be alright with a voice that betrayed her tears. There was no kind way to move me onto the stretcher  

''Ezra listen''I pause as I feel a sharp pain in my  stomach.I fall on my knees holding my stomach and screaming.The pain commands my attention, it does not sit quietly in the background like garish wallpaper, it cows my brain into meek submission demanding a solution that I cannot provide.I let out a strangled scream and feel blood well into my throat from the tongue I had just bitten through in vain attempt to keep quiet. 

''Call the Ambulance''Alison said as I started gasping for air.Jason and Ezra came to my side and I just wince as I feel someone touch me before blacking out.

 The hospital room is as devoid of beauty as I am of hope. Its walls are simply cream, not peeling or dirty, just cream. There is no decoration at all save the limp curtain that can separate my bed from the three others in here. It was perhaps once the kind of green that reminds people of spring-time and hope, but it's faded so much that the hue is insipid. The room as an undertone of bleach and the floor is simply grey. At the far end are windows in brown metal frames, only openable at the top. Not a single person has flowers, cards or home brought food. They are sleeping to pass the time or staring at nothing at all. There are stands for intravenous drips and monitors. At the door are dispensers for rubber gloves, hand sanitizer and soap. These items only reinforce my fear of germs, they are so ubiquitous here that cleaning is mandatory every time a doorway is passed or a patient is touched. But maybe the nurses will forget, or not wash properly, then what? I get sicker?The nurse entered the room in blue scrubs, pro-faced, serious, washing her hands at the sink like she was lost entirely to worrying thoughts. When she tuned to Aria her face softened into a smile and she introduced herself before asking who had brought Aria to the hospital. She listened while taking her pulse, feeling her skin and pinching her nail beds of her fingers and toes. Occasionally she would ask a pointed question but other than that the chatter was no different to when she got her hair fixed. The nurse fussed with the call-bed, tying it around the bed-frame in Aria's reach and tidied around the bed. She raised the head of the bed saying that breakfast was coming soon and then she was gone. Po-faced again, washing hands, writing on a folder outside the door. 

Hanna POV

The hospital hallway was like something out of Star Trek. Everything that could shine, did shine. There was stainless steel, sleek floors and the art on the walls were all natural images in colors as bright as glacier melt-water or spring flowers. The air had a pure fragrance, not sterile, just clean. In the background played music at just the right level to give the patients and staff an emotional lift. But the best part was the ceiling, just clear and high arched. It was like standing out in the open without the risk of rain.Everyone was nervous but I was just hungry we have been waiting here 5 hours.The doctor finally called Aria's name and we quickly walked to him.

''The patient is now resting.She almost had a miscarriage because of stress and probably shock.I will advise you to have her rest for a few days, take her pills which I will be given you two times a day.She can't lift anything heavy. It might cause a pain and she'll instantly lose that baby''The doctor said looking through his board.

''Can we see her?''Spencer asked.

''You can, just don't stress her or making her feel shock''We nod and quietly walk into her room. Aria lies in the bleach tinctured ward on the crisp but thinning sheets. A curtain hangs limply on the chrome railing, looking like it's been washed a thousand times.Aria was laying there staring out the she didn't even see us come in.Her hand was on her belly rubbing it and singing a song quietly to her baby.  

''I deserved this what I did to my parents relationship I should've kept my mouth shout''

''Now I'm going through choosing the father of my baby and the man I'm falling for''

''Aria don't stress we love you no matter what''Ezra said making her look at us with tears in her eyes.We all went to her and group hugged every parent, friend, brother, sister connected as one and at the end of the day that was all we wanted to be there for each other.