Mirrors

Three months had passed and no one had heard or seen any sign of Crane. I felt stressed to my core and knew that it was important not to arouse suspicion over the issue. The only person I could really vent to was Rose, but even then I could tell that J was buying none of it. He grew weary of my closeness with her and even questioned her return back to Gotham since her mother's funeral. J grew jealous, and his violent and snappy outbursts started to make a reappearance. I was on the receiving end of his tongue but never his bite, thank God.

"When do you think I'll start to show?" I asked Rose as I stared at myself in her mirror, rubbing my stomach.

"I don't know. Maybe in another two months?" She replied blowing out a plume of cigarette smoke.

I shooed it away and edged myself down onto her bed. She quickly stubbed out her cigarette, apologising with a light smile.

"Right now I just look like a bloated potato"

"Well you eat enough of them, so, no suspicion there"

"Hey!" We both laughed as I lightly slapped her arm.

All of a sudden Reggie entered the room, his fiery cologne trailed behind him as he walked over to his wardrobe.

"I gotta go to a meeting" He stated, putting on his black tailored blazer.

"Well one does always dance to Jokers beck and call these days." Rose replied sarcastically, picking up another cigarette. 

Reggie shot her a look and shook his head

"It's Crane he -

"It's Crane he -

"Is he alright ?!" I interrupted quickly, not realising how obvious I probably just made the whole thing.

Reggie glared at me suspiciously before nodding. "He's fine... he's back actually. Jokers called a meeting so I'll be back later." Reggie shifted on his feet and I noticed him nervously rubbing his hands together. My gut held a feeling as if something was up but in this present moment, I couldn't quite put my finger on what.