Red lips lie

Our cars pulled up outside the club as J exited with nothing but poise, danger and grace in his step.

 J would always place his hand on my lower back as we moved through the crowds. He used to do this to keep me in his focus but to also keep me in check. Now, I know the motive had changed slightly and it was now out of love and respect. My steps lingered for a moment as I noticed Crane sitting in his car. I felt J gently firm his hand on my back, implying that I do nothing but walk on with him. I looked up at him, his jaw clenched, eyes focussed. 

He was excited.

''You ready?'' Kassius asked, turning to J, eyebrow raised.

''Always'' J replied. A sinister smile spread across his face, his eyes fixed straight ahead. 

We entered the club and everyone took to their usual table. It was a Friday night and every single room was packed out. 

''Drink?'' Kassius offered, holding out a glass of patron. 

I felt a little bit better I didn't want to risk upsetting my stomach further so I politely declined. Instead I headed over to bar and opted for a soft drink. 

The bartender greeted me with a head nod 

''Lemonade please!'' I shouted over the music. I noticed the guy furrow his brow for a second but then he quickly realised who I was and his place. 

''Lemonade?''  I heard a guy say next to me in a British accent. I decided not to pay him no mind and proceeded to wait for my drink, my fingers gently tapping on the bar to the beat of the music.

''You know'' He said, trailing off, placing his hand underneath my elbow. I looked down at my arm, eyebrow raised looking him dead in the eye. ''Red lips lie'' He finished, taking a pull on his cigarette. 

''Yeah? Well those don't.'' I replied, looking up and nodding my head over to where J was. 

''Well, if I weren't a married man id say that I'm more interested in yours than his, darlin''  

''Well even if I was a single gal, I wouldn't be interested in a.n.y. of you, darlin.''