Tag team

3 WEEKS LATER

It was the holidays. Not the funnest time of year for me right now, I must admit. Me and Mona always used to spend it together with out fail as both of our families were non-existent. When we were kids, we were both stuffed and filtered through the care system of Gotham. Mona was a tare-away and I... well. That wasn't important right now. But that had all changed now as Nylah had killed her in cold blood.

Ever since I lost her I had just become numb to everything. Sometimes when J would touch me,  I felt like it was as if I wasn't in the room. He was starting to notice but I would just blame it on feeling tired. Don't get me wrong, I love J with all my heart but I couldn't help but shake the feeling that something was... missing. Nylah had decided to leave Gotham for awhile since I confronted her lying to me about J. Things got a little heated but to be honest, I was happy to see the back of her. Since then, J had allowed me to explore a lot more. I was no longer trapped in the house and he had decided to put my skills to good use. He had now ordered me to go out on missions with Crane to increase the flow of his earnings. It felt kinda weird at first working for J, but with Crane by my side, I was never short of entertainment. Crane would do most of the killing, him being an assassin and all but when my ticket would get called, my bullets would always come a'running. 

As an early Christmas gift J had given me my own crafted gun. I would have been happy with a bottle of perfume to be honest, buutt its J were talking about here. I expected nothing less. The gun was silver with solid gold details on and around the trigger. The side panel of the gun was apparently a figure of me, engraved into a panel of human bone. Who's? I don't know. I remember I had to play a guessing game with J for fifteen minutes to find out who the woman was alone. Him always making cheeky remarks about her ass and asking me who it reminded me of.

''C'mon, Kitten. There is only one girl in Gotham who has an ass like that'' He said.

You would assume that in Gotham around Christmas time, things would start to quieten down, but in this city? Things were only just getting started

''Not a bad day's work, Sheila'' Crane grinned, pretending to blow the smoke away from the barrel of his gun.

''I need a drink'' I sighed, throwing the bag of cash in the back seat.

''Ha! I thought you'd never ask!'' He smirked, taking his toothpick from his mouth into his hand.