Business

Hey muffins just a quick update. I highly recommend the song's mentioned or linked to the chapters should be played so you can get more of a feel of the dynamic and atmosphere that I am trying to portray in the scene, and also in the book as whole!

Enjoy and thanks for reading!!!

That night I couldn't get the sound and images out of my head. I tried to fall asleep but I just couldn't. I was in shock. I mean, don't get me wrong, I knew what type of person J was. Shit, everyone did, the whole of Gotham feared him. I didn't want to be one of those people though. I didn't want to fear him, I was with him, I couldn't afford becoming a victim to his devious games and torture. 

'Its just business' I kept repeating in my head, to try and make me feel better. 

Soon after it happened J returned to the bed, taking off his clothes, and splashing water on his face in the mirror. I kept my eyes shut, pretending I was asleep. He let out a growl and leaned over to kiss me on my shoulder, before turning over and falling asleep. 

I wasn't sure of the time but I could see daylight peaking through his extravagant curtains. I closed my eyes and attempted to slow my breathing down, desperately yearning to fall asleep. 

                                                                  ***** 

I awoke to the sound of opera music playing downstairs. I turned my head to see that J was no longer next to me. I let out a yawn, and grabbed my jaw in pain, remembering the heavy night I had. I climbed out of his bed and peaked through the curtain. The sun was at its highest in the sky so I knew that it was afternoon. 'Where's my phone?' I thought. 

I walked over to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. The bags under my eye's pultruded and my neck was covered in my bruises. I gasped in horror. I quickly jumped in the shower and washed my face along with swift brush of my teeth. I fumbled in the draws under the sink of the bathroom to find a whole selection of make up. I cleaned up my face with concealer and corrector, and smoothed it out with foundation. Applied mascara to my eyes and finished my look of with a light cat flick of eyeliner. 'Better' I thought. I played with my hair and threw it to the side, my natural waves giving it the volume it needed. I walked over to my wardrobe and threw on a pair of black skinnies, my new pair of red bottom thigh high boots, and a plain black vest. I completed my look with the jewel encrusted choker that J gave to me last night. 

Last night..... last night.. I thought. The words weren't sitting right in my mind. I shook the feeling off and headed towards the bedroom door, following the sound of music. 

As soon as I left the room, deja vu hit me like never before. All of a sudden I could hear the loud sound of a gun shot ringing in my ear, J's face flashing in and out of my mind. My legs started to go weak.

''Woah there''. One of J's men said to me whilst holding my arm, stopping me from falling.

''Are you OK?'' he continued 

''I..Im fine, wheres J?'' I said adjusting my balance.

''He's downstairs''.  He said abruptly.

''Thanks'' I replied

He nodded and pressed the button for me to enter the lift.

I didn't know what I was going to say to J when I saw him. I didn't even know if I was going to confront him about what happened. My heart was pounding in my chest.

As I got out of the lift, I carried on following the music. It led me into the kitchen. The smell of purple grape pancakes filled the air. My stomach growled in frustration, pissed that I hadn't catered to it in almost two days.