The morning after

I tossed and turned in the bed, squinting my eyes, as a ray of sun light seeped through the curtains, intercepting my path. I let out a groan and held my head in pain as my hangover came to life. I reached over for J, but he was gone. 

I hobbled over to the bathroom and opened the medicine cabinet, popping open two ibuprofen's and filled a glass up with water, before returning back to the bed. As I was walking out of the bathroom I felt a sharp pain in my foot. I looked down and there were shards of crushed up glass on the floor. 

Oh. 

'I must have been really drunk' I thought.

 I quickly examined my body for bruises, knowing that If I threw a glass at the wall, J would have probably thrown me back. To my surprise there was none. Well, no new fresh ones anyway. I carefully treaded over to the full length mirror and stared at my naked body. I started to trail my hands across my lips, my neck, down to my breasts as my brain graciously started to remember J's touch from the night before. My heart started to flutter as I let out a smile.

Me and J had never had sex like that before. Normally it was rough and angry, dirty and kinky. This time around it was almost like... he cared for me. Like he was mine as I was his, but not in a dominant way. I tend to be the over-thinker but my mind couldn't help but dance over the thought that possibly we had made love for the first time. 

I couldn't wait to see him. I could hear music playing downstairs and knew straight away it was coming from him. 

I quickly jumped in the shower and threw on a pair of black jeans and a black knitted jumper, a small Vivienne Westwood logo securely embroidered in rose gold, sitting on my chest. I eased my feet into the black heels to match. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and emerged from the bedroom, knowing to follow the sound of music.

As I walked into the dining room, my face lit up as my gaze met J's. It soon quickly fell as I spotted Nyah sitting opposite him - in my seat.

''Oh good you're awake'' J said, letting out a cheshire cat smile.

I raised my brows and shot him a sarcastic smile.

''Why didn't you wake me'' I replied, walking around the table, pulling out a chair, sitting in between the middle of them.

''You looked peaceful.'' J said, scoffing eggs into his mouth. 

I filled my glass up with orange juice.

''Morning Nylah.''

She didn't say anything.

''OK then...'' I trailed off cutting into my sausage. 

I looked over at J.